– Premier League Arsenal Aston Villa Bournemouth Brentford Brighton and Hove Albion Burnley Chelsea Crystal Palace Everton Fulham Leeds United Leicester City Liverpool Manchester City Manchester United Newcastle United Norwich City Southampton Tottenham Hotspur Watford West Ham United Wolverhampton Wanderers Championship Cardiff City Derby County Huddersfield Town Middlesbrough Sheffield United Stoke City Swansea City West Bromwich Albion League One Hull City Sunderland U.S.
U-20 Men's National Team Subscribe: Everton vs Aston Villa live! Score, updates, how to watch, stream link Everton begins life after Rafa Benitez with a visit from another ex-Liverpool great, as Steven Gerrard leads Aston Villa into Goodison Park for an early Saturday tilt (watch live, 7:30am ET on – USA Network – online via NBCSports.com).
The Toffees are stuck at 16th on the table with 19 points, six clear of the bottom three but miles from their season goals. STREAM LIVE EVERTON vs ASTON VILLA Everton vs aston villa 23 points hardly qualify them for reaching theirs, and Gerrard has brought in Philippe Coutinho and Lucas Digne to help bring acclaim to the Villa Park faithful. Villa’s only win in six matches across all competitions is a 1-0 win at Norwich City, as league losses to Liverpool, Chelsea, Brentford, and Manchester United are joined by an FA Cup third-round defeat at Man United.
Here’s everything you need to know ahead of Everton vs Aston Villa. [ MORE: How to watch Premier League in USA ] 10 things we learned in the Premier League – Matchweek 36 Everton team news, injuries, lineup Jarrad Branthwaite (thigh) and Fabian Delph (illness) are out and Alex Iwobi (AFCON) and Tom Davies (thigh) are not in the squad.
Allan and Keane are on the bench. Duncan Ferguson has named his Everton team to face Aston Villa… #EVEAVL 🔵 #COYB pic.twitter.com/HNQ3PMq4xu — Everton (@Everton) January 22, 2022 Aston Villa team news, injuries, lineup Trezeguet and Bertrand Traore are away at Africa Cup of Nations, while Leon Bailey and Marvelous Nakamba miss through injury.
John McGinn is suspended with yellow card accumulation while Ezri Konsa is back in the fold and Philippe Coutinho makes his first start fo Villa as Ings drops to the bench. This is your Aston Villa team to face Everton everton vs aston villa afternoon. 👊 #EVEAVL pic.twitter.com/X4yYdjerAX — Aston Villa (@AVFCOfficial) January 22, 2022 How to watch Everton vs Aston Villa live, stream link and start time Kickoff: 7’30am ET Saturday TV Channel: USA Network Stream: Online via NBCSports.com ).
About the match Everton is going head to head with Aston Villa starting on 22 Jan 2022 at 12:30 UTC at Goodison Park stadium, Liverpool city, England.
The match is a part of the Premier League.
Everton played against Aston Villa in 2 matches this season. Currently, Everton rank 18th, while Aston Villa hold 11th position.
Looking to compare the best-rated player on both teams? SofaScore's rating system assigns each everton vs aston villa a specific rating based on numerous data factors. On SofaScore livescore you can find all previous Everton vs Aston Villa results sorted by their H2H matches. SofaScore also provides the best way to follow the live score of this game with various sports features. Therefore, you can: • Find out who scored in a live match • Get real-time information on which team is dominating the match using the Attack Momentum • Follow detailed statistics such as ball possession, shots, corner kicks, big chances created, cards, key passes, duels and more • Check all head to head matches – for instance, in the last season Everton and Aston Villa played 2 games against each other • Track all home and away games for each team in the Premier League • Check out how SofaScore community votes on which team is more likely to win this match.
All of these features can help you decide on Everton vs. Aston Villa game prediction. Even though SofaScore doesn't offer direct betting, it provides the best odds and shows you which sites offer live betting. Live U-TV odds are viewable on SofaScore's Football live score section. Where to watch Everton vs. Aston Villa? Under TV Channels section you can find the list of all channels that broadcast Everton – Aston Villa live match.
You can also live stream this match through our betting partners or click on any links on SofaScore for a legal live stream. Event details: NAME: Everton - Aston Villa DATE: 22 Jan 2022 TIME: 12:30 UTC VENUE: Goodison Park, Liverpool, England More details: Everton live score, schedule and results Aston Villa live score, schedule and results SofaScore livescore is available as iPhone and iPad app, Android app on Google Play and Windows phone app.
You can find us in all stores on different languages as "SofaScore". Install SofaScore app on and follow Everton Aston Villa live on your mobile!
*Important notice – SofaScore.com in partnership with U-TV offers over 140,000 live streaming events per year. However, please note that the intellectual property rights to stream such events are usually owned at a country level and therefore, depending on your location, there may be certain events that you may be unable to view due to such restrictions.
Prior to joining U-TV and funding your account in order to view Everton Aston Villa, or any other particular event via the U-TV live stream, you are strongly advised to check with U-TV if, depending on your place of residence, it is possible to view the live streamed event in question.
About Live scores service at SofaScore livescore offers sports live scores, results and tables. Follow your favourite teams right here live!
Live score on SofaScore.com livescore is automatically updated and you don't need to refresh it manually. With adding games you want to follow in "My games" following your matches livescores, results and statistics will be even more simple. Visit localized livescore version of SofaScore: Football Results Nogomet Rezultati Calcio Risultati Fútbol Resultados Futebol Resultados Fußball Live Ticker Football Résultats Piłka nożna Wyniki Foci Eredmények Fodbold Resultater Futbol Sonuçları Футбол Результаты Voetbal Uitslagen Sepak Bola Hasil Ποδόσφαιρο Αποτελέσματα Fotboll Resultater 足球 比赛结果 Фудбал Резултати Nogomet Rezultati Fotbal Rezultati Fotball Resultater
• Bahasa everton vs aston villa Indonesia • Chinese (simplified) • Deutsch • English - Australia • English - Canada • English - Ghana • English - International • English - Ireland • English - Kenya • English - Malaysia • English - Nigeria • English - Nordics • English - Singapore • English - South Africa • English - United Kingdom • English - United States • Español - Español • Español - LATAM • Français • Greek • Italiano • Korean • Nederlands • Polski • Português • Brazil • Româna • Thai • Türkçe • Русский • العربية Date Competition Home team Score/Time Away team 22/01/22 PRL Everton 0 - 1 Aston Villa View events 18/09/21 PRL Aston Villa 3 - 0 Everton View events 13/05/21 PRL Aston Villa 0 - 0 Everton 01/05/21 PRL Everton 1 - 2 Aston Villa View events 16/07/20 PRL Everton 1 - 1 Aston Villa View events 23/08/19 PRL Aston Villa 2 - 0 Everton View events 01/03/16 PRL Aston Villa 1 - 3 Everton View events 21/11/15 PRL Everton 4 - 0 Aston Villa View events General statistics Everton Aston Villa Total Home Away Total Home Away Rank 18 11 Matches played 34 17 17 34 16 18 Wins 10 8 2 13 6 7 Draws 5 2 3 4 3 1 Losses 19 7 12 17 7 10 Goals for 37 22 15 47 26 21 Goals against 56 20 36 47 25 22 Points 35 26 9 43 21 22 Clean sheets 7 6 1 11 5 6 Avg.
goals scored p/m 1.09 1.29 0.88 1.38 1.62 1.17 Avg. goals conceded p/m 1.65 everton vs aston villa 2.12 1.38 1.56 1.22 Avg.
time 1st goal scored 48m 47m 48m 46m 42m 49m Avg. time 1st goal conced. 37m 36m 38m 33m 26m 39m Failed to score 11 5 6 8 3 5 Biggest victory 3 - 0 3 - 0 2 - 0 4 - 0 4 - 0 3 - 0 Biggest defeat 0 - 5 1 - 4 0 everton vs aston villa 5 0 - 4 0 - 4 0 - 3 # Team MP D P 1 Manchester United 42 +36 84 2 Aston Villa 42 +17 74 3 Norwich City 42 -4 72 4 Blackburn Rovers everton vs aston villa +22 71 5 Queens Park Ra… 42 +8 63 6 Liverpool 42 +7 59 7 Sheffield Wedn… 42 +4 59 8 Tottenham Hotspur 42 -6 59 9 Manchester City 42 +5 57 10 Arsenal 42 +2 56 11 Chelsea 42 -3 56 12 Wimbledon 42 +1 54 13 Everton 42 -2 53 14 Sheffield United 42 +1 52 15 Coventry City 42 -5 52 16 Ipswich Town 42 -5 52 17 Leeds United 42 -5 51 18 Southampton 42 -7 50 19 Oldham Athletic 42 -11 49 20 Crystal Palace 42 -13 49 21 Middlesbrough 42 -21 44 22 Nottingham Forest 42 -21 40 Yahoo is part of the Yahoo family of brands.
• All Teams Premier League • Arsenal • Aston Villa • Brentford • Brighton • Burnley • Chelsea • Crystal Palace • Everton • Leeds United • Leicester City • Liverpool • Manchester City • Manchester United • Newcastle United • Norwich City • Everton vs aston villa • Tottenham Hotspur • Watford • West Ham United • Wolverhampton Championship • Barnsley • Birmingham City • Blackburn Rovers • Blackpool • Bournemouth • Bristol City • Cardiff City • Coventry City • Derby County • Fulham • Huddersfield Town • Hull City • Luton Town • Middlesbrough • Millwall • Nottingham Forest • Peterborough United • Preston North End • Queens Park Rangers • Reading • Sheffield United • Stoke City • Swansea City • West Bromwich Albion League One • AFC Wimbledon • Accrington Stanley • Bolton Wanderers • Burton Albion • Cambridge United • Charlton Athletic • Cheltenham Town • Crewe Alexandra • Doncaster • Fleetwood Town • Gillingham • Ipswich Town • Lincoln City • Milton Everton vs aston villa Dons • Morecambe • Oxford Utd • Plymouth Argyle • Portsmouth • Rotherham United everton vs aston villa Sheffield Wednesday • Shrewsbury Town • Sunderland • Wigan Athletic • Wycombe Wanderers League Two • Barrow • Bradford City • Bristol Rovers • Carlisle United • Colchester United • Crawley Town • Exeter City • Forest Green Rovers • Harrogate Town • Hartlepool United • Leyton Orient • Macclesfield Town • Mansfield • Newport County • Northampton Town • Oldham Athletic • Port Vale • Rochdale • Salford City • Scunthorpe United • Stevenage • Sutton United • Swindon Town • Tranmere Rovers • Walsall Scottish Premiership • Aberdeen • Celtic • Dundee • Dundee United • Heart of Midlothian • Hibernian • Livingston • Motherwell • Rangers • Ross County • St Johnstone • St Mirren Women's Super League • Arsenal Women • Aston Villa Women • Birmingham City Women • Brighton and Hove Albion Women • Chelsea Women • Everton Women • Leicester City Women • Manchester City Women • Manchester United Women • Reading Women • Tottenham Hotspur Women • West Ham United Women Scottish Championship • Hamilton Academical • Kilmarnock • Partick Thistle Scottish League One • Alloa Athletic Scottish League Two • Forfar Athletic World Cup • Uruguay European U21 Championship • England • Italy Internationals • Albania • Algeria • Angola • Argentina • Australia • Austria • Belgium • Bolivia • Bosnia-Herzegovina • Brazil • Burkina Faso • Cameroon • Cape Verde • Chile • Colombia • Congo DR • Costa Rica • Croatia • Czech Republic • Denmark • Ecuador • Egypt • England • Ethiopia • France • Germany • Ghana • Greece • Honduras • Hungary • Iceland • Iran • Italy • Ivory Coast • Jamaica • Japan • Korea DPR • Korea Republic • Mali • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Niger • Nigeria • Northern Ireland • Panama • Paraguay • Peru • Poland • Portugal • Republic of Ireland • Romania • Russia • Saudi Arabia • Scotland • Senegal • Serbia • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sweden • Switzerland • Togo • Tunisia • Turkey • USA • Ukraine • Venezuela • Wales • Zambia La Liga • Athletic Bilbao • Atletico Madrid • Barcelona • Cadiz • Celta Vigo • Deporteivo Alaves • Espanyol • Getafe • Granada • Levante • Osasuna • Rayo Vallecano • Real Betis • Real Madrid • Real Mallorca • Real Sociedad • Sevilla • Valencia • Villarreal Serie A • AC Milan • Atalanta • Bologna • Cagliari • Empoli • Fiorentina • Genoa • Inter Milan • Juventus • Lazio • Napoli • Roma • Salernitana • Sampdoria • Torino • Udinese • Venezia • Verona Bundesliga • Arminia Bielefeld • Bayer Leverkusen • Bayern Munich • Borussia Dortmund • Borussia Monchengladbach • Cologne • Eintracht Frankfurt • FC Augsburg • FSV Mainz 05 • Greuther Furth • Hertha Berlin • RB Leipzig • SC Freiburg • Union Berlin • VFL Bochum • VfB Stuttgart • Wolfsburg Ligue 1 • Brest • Clermont Foot • Evian TG • FC Metz • Girondins Bordeaux • Lille • Lorient • Monaco • Nantes • Nice • Olympique Lyonnais • Olympique Marseille • Paris St Germain • RC Lens • RC Strasbourg • Reims • Sochaux • St Etienne • Stade Rennes • Troyes • Valenciennes Eredivisie • ADO Den Haag • AZ Alkmaar • Ajax • FC Emmen • FC Groningen • FC Twente • FC Utrecht • Feyenoord • Fortuna Sittard • Heerenveen • Heracles Almelo • PEC Zwolle • Everton vs aston villa Eindhoven • RKC Waalwijk • Sparta Rotterdam • VVV Venlo • Vitesse Arnhem • Willem II Tilb • Tables • Leagues/Cups • Fixtures • Results • Transfers • Video • Sky Bet • On Sky • More Everton vs Aston Villa: Premier League preview, team news, stats, predictions, kick-off time Caretaker Duncan Ferguson has promised changes to address Everton's poor form; John McGinn available for Aston Villa after suspension; follow Everton vs Villa in our dedicated live match blog; watch free match highlights on Sky Sports digital platforms and YouTube channel from 5.15pm Team news, stats and prediction ahead of Everton vs Aston Villa in the Premier League on Saturday; kick-off 12.30pm.
Team news Everton caretaker manager Duncan Ferguson has promised changes for the visit of Aston Villa as he bids to turn around a run of one win in 13 matches which led to Rafael Benitez's sacking. Trending • Pogba to Man City a 'no brainer' - Carra: I wouldn't go anywhere near him • Hamilton questions Merc strategy as Russell finishes ahead again • Papers: West Ham targeting Broja • Nev: Title race isn't over - Dias injury boosts Liverpool's chances • Transfer Centre LIVE!
Rutten rejects job as Ten Hag's assistant at Man Utd • Arteta: Spurs clash can be 'defining moment' - Marsch: Leeds need to regroup • Verstappen holds off Leclerc to win Miami GP after Norris crash • 'England sting affected my mental health but lower league bosses have it worse' • Miami Grand Prix recap: Verstappen wins, Russell beats Hamilton • Beckham: Man Utd need change - I hope Ronaldo stays • Video • Latest News The midfielder sat out Saturday's 2-2 comeback draw against Manchester United and Lucas Digne makes a swift return to Everton following his move to Villa this month.
A look at some of the key statistics ahead of Matchweek 23 in the Premier League How to follow Follow Everton vs Aston Villa in our dedicated live match blog. Highlights will also be published on the Sky Sports digital platforms and the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel from 5.15pm on Saturday. • Download the Sky Sports Scores App: Apple - Android • The UK's No 1 scores app: Find out more Last time out. FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Aston Villa's draw with Manchester United in the Premier League Jones Knows prediction It's just written, isn't it?
That Duncan Ferguson gets Everton's season rolling in the right direction at Goodison Everton vs aston villa, which will be rocking with one of their own back in the dugout. And the identity of the opposition manager is only going to send noise and passion levels north of the expected average.
Steven Gerrard must be cursing the timing of Rafa Benitez's sacking, and this fixture now becomes a tougher test for his Villa side.
Ferguson has previous experience in this role, having taken charge of Everton after Marco Silva left and led his side to a memorable 3-1 victory over Chelsea in his first game. Everton played with greater intensity, got the ball forward quicker, made more tackles and got the crowd involved at key points of the game. In a table since October 2, Everton would be bottom, and with a record of one win from their last 13 Premier League games you can understand why Villa are everton vs aston villa for victory at 8/5 with Sky Bet.
However, I do think this will be a rejuvenated Everton so that recent record perhaps isn't as relevant as what the market suggests.
At 17/10 a home win looks the play.
SCORE PREDICTION: 2-1 BETTING ANGLE: Everton to win (17/10 with Sky Bet) Opta stats • Everton lost this exact fixture 2-1 in May last season - they've not lost back-to-back home league games against Aston Villa since March 1998. • Following their 3-0 win at Villa Park in September, Aston Villa are looking to secure their first league double over Everton since 2000-01.
• Everton were joint-fifth in the clean sheet rankings in the Premier League last season, recording 12 shutouts overall. This season, only Newcastle and Watford have kept fewer clean sheets than the Toffees (3). • Everton have taken just five points in their last 12 Premier League matches (W1 D2 L9), the fewest they've won across a 12-game span since earning four points over 12 games between August and October 1994.
• Aston Villa have conceded seven goals in their last three Premier League games (D1 L2), more than they had in their previous seven in the competition (6). • Everton have scored fewer first-half goals than any other Premier League side this season (5).
The Toffees have failed to score before half-time in their last five games in the competition, last having a longer such run between December 2017 and January 2018 (6). • Everton have conceded the first goal in their last everton vs aston villa Premier Everton vs aston villa matches (W1 D1 L6), their longest run in Premier League history. Their previous longest was a seven game run between April and August 1997.
• As a player, Aston Villa manager Steven Gerrard was on the winning side against Everton more often than he was against any other opponent in the Premier League (16) and lost just four of his 30 games against the Toffees.
Only against Villa (12) did Gerrard score more Premier League goals than he did against Everton (9). • Jacob Ramsey had a hand in both of Aston Villa's goals against Manchester United last time out, scoring one and assisting Philippe Coutinho's equaliser. Ramsey had only been involved in two goals in his previous 39 Premier League appearances for the Villans (2 goals).
• Philippe Coutinho scored in his first Premier League appearance for Aston Villa against Man Utd last time out, with only four players scoring in their first two games for the Villans in the competition: Dalian Atkinson (1992), Dion Dublin (1998), Ross Barkley (2020) and Danny Ings (2021). Premier League Preview: Conte's Spurs to crack Chelsea code?
Man Utd momentum? Watford-Norwich six-pointer The Essential Football Podcast returns as host Alice Piper is joined by Charlotte Marsh and Ben Grounds to preview another captivating round of Premier League games which could have ramifications at both ends of the table. PART ONE - After their dramatic, late victory at Leicester, the panel assess whether Antonio Conte's Tottenham can crack the Stamford Bridge code and haul Chelsea back into the wide open race for the top four PART TWO - Cristiano Ronaldo's tantrum stole the headlines but having bounced back at Brentford have Ralf Rangnick and Man Utd built enough momentum to capitalise on the West Ham fragilities exposed by Everton vs aston villa and boost their top-four chances?
Plus: with an 11-point lead at the summit, can champions Man City afford to take their foot of the gas at Southampton?
PART THREE - An archetypal relegation six-pointer kicks off the Premier League weekend as Watford host Norwich on Friday - but which club is best placed to seize the initiative? Plus: tasked with steadying the ship for the second time in three years, can Duncan Ferguson galvanise Everton ahead of the visit of Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa?
U-20 Men's Everton vs aston villa Team Subscribe: Everton vs Aston Villa final score: Gerrard piles misery on Toffees Aston Villa beat Everton in a fiery battle at Goodison Park as Emiliano Buendia’s first half header gave Steven Gerrard the last laugh. [ MORE: How to watch Premier League in USA ] After sacking Rafael Benitez last weekend, caretaker Everton boss Duncan Ferguson saw his side battle throughout but they lacked confidence and quality at the key moments.
A small number of Everton’s passionate fans also let their team down as bottles were thrown at Villa’s players after they took the lead, one of which hit Matty Cash and Lucas Digne.
The win moved Villa on to 26 points for the season, while Everton’s awful form continues as they’ve now lost 10 of their last 13 games and sit just five points above the relegation zone.
WATCH FULL MATCH REPLAY 10 things we learned in the Premier League – Matchweek 36 Everton vs Aston Villa final score, stats Everton 0-1 Aston Villa Goals scored: Buendia 45+2′ Shots: Everton 15, Aston Villa 8 Shots on target: Everton 1, Aston Villa 3 Possession: Everton 48, Aston Villa 52 Three things we learned from Everton vs Aston Villa 1.
Big Dunc has impact but lacked magic touch this time: Everton looked more robust under Duncan Ferguson but everton vs aston villa lacked confidence and this is a much bigger job than the one he had when he took caretaker charge last time. On that occasion he got five points from three PL games against Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal but this is a very different Everton side to the one he tried to patch up in 2019.
The Toffees look devoid of confidence and there was no magic touch from Big Dunc. They have Newcastle, Leeds and Southampton in their next three everton vs aston villa whether or not Ferguson is in charge, they need at least seven points from those games to get themselves into a much better position. If not, a relegation battle beckons. 2. Professional Villa mimic their manager: This was a very solid Villa performance as they looked more dangerous in the first half and took the lead at a crucial time.
They then hold on quite comfortably in the second and their air of confidence and solidity mirrored how their manager Steven Gerrard played, and now manages, the game. Gerrard had a wry smile before, during and after the game whenever Everton’s fans hurled abuse at the former Liverpool captain.
He had the last laugh at Goodison as his Villa side are developing a strong core and he’s pushed them into the top 10. The progress is there for all to see as Villa’s squad, aided by Gerrard’s quality new signings in Digne and Coutinho, have totally bought in to everything he stands for.
3. Everton fans let themselves down: The video below sums it up perfectly, as a small section of Everton’s fans let the majority down. Several fans hurled bottles at the Villa players as they celebrated their first half goal and it is disgusting and inexcusable for them to act that way. The club have vowed to find those responsible and will assist the authorities and issue bans for anybody found guilty of throwing objects onto the pitch. Ferguson called for passion from the Everton supporters but this took it too far.
Man of the Match: Jacob Ramsey – The youngster dug deep in midfield to help Villa win that battle and win the game. Visitors more confident Douglas Luiz whipped a free kick just over the bar early on and Emiliano Buendia forced Jordan Pickford into a save, as Villa battled back into the game after Everton had initially come flying out of the traps.
It doesn't count, but what a save by Pickford! #MyPLMorning #EVEAVL pic.twitter.com/vAly3Ff821 — NBC Sports Soccer (@NBCSportsSoccer) January 22, 2022 Pickford then denied Watkins (who it turned out was offside) with a miraculous save just before half time and then flicked Coutinho’s header over.
From that corner Villa took the lead in the 47th minute. Home fans take it too far as Villa take lead Buendia’s flicked header flew towards the back post and Pickford’s fingertips inadvertently flicked it into the top corner.
[ VIDEO: Premier League highlights ] As Villa’s players celebrated the goal, a bottle was thrown from the home section of supporters and hit Villa’s Matty Cash and Lucas Digne (who just left Everton 10 days earlier) in the head at the same time.
Emi Buendía scores to give Aston Villa the lead just before the half!
#MyPLMorning #EVEAVL pic.twitter.com/PN5WSVUqiy — NBC Sports Soccer (@NBCSportsSoccer) January 22, 2022 Closer second half but Toffees can’t break through In the second half Coutinho whipped a free kick over, while at the other end a set-piece caused havoc as Villa cleared Godfrey’s header away.
Calvert-Lewin then miscued his finish after a fine cross from substitute Anthony Gordon, and that was as close as Everton game to grabbing an equalizer. Follow @JPW_NBCSports
• Home • Football • Cricket • Formula 1 • Rugby U • Tennis • Golf • Athletics • Cycling • Winter Sports A-Z Sports • American Football • Athletics • Basketball • Boxing • Cricket • Cycling • Darts • Disability Sport • Football • Formula 1 • Gaelic Games • Get Inspired • Golf everton vs aston villa Gymnastics • Horse Racing • Mixed Martial Arts • Motorsport • Netball • Olympic Sports • Rugby League • Rugby Union • Snooker • Swimming • Tennis • Winter Sports • Full Sports A-Z Villa's victory was particularly sweet for former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard as well as ex-Everton defender Lucas Digne, who provided the corner for Buendia's winner.
The goal was followed by disgraceful scenes as celebrating Villa players were struck by objects thrown from the crowd. Everton will feel their second-half pressure, based on an aerial bombardment, should have brought some reward as Dominic Calvert-Lewin turned Anthony Gordon's cross over from close range and Ben Godfrey's header was scrambled off the line by a combination of Tyrone Mings and keeper Emiliano Martinez. It leaves Everton with only six points from their last 42, searching for a new manager, and sitting uncomfortably close to the relegation zone of the Premier League.
• Reaction to Everton v Aston Villa, plus the rest of Saturday's Premier League action • Everton fan arrested after Villa players Digne and Cash hit by bottle • 'It is not nice the fans reacting like that' - Ferguson on Everton protests • 'Buendia is a little warrior' - Gerrard after win at Everton Where now for Everton?
Everton 0-1 Aston Villa: We need a result 'very soon' - Ferguson Everton owner Farhad Moshiri and chairman Bill Kenwright were banking on a 'bounce' from the appointment of Ferguson in order to revive a season sliding into danger and which resulted in Benitez's sacking.
It did not work on a flat afternoon at Goodison Park, which ended with fans everton vs aston villa behind on the Gwladys Street End chanting "sack the board" and waving banners of protest.
A plane also flew overhead before kick-off demanding the removal of Kenwright, who was also a target for abusive chants after the final whistle. This is a genuine crisis for Everton as they not only face a relegation battle but must also make yet another decisive decision on their next manager.
Even the atmosphere inside Goodison Park was not lifted for long by the talismanic Ferguson's presence on the touchline, with Everton failing to produce a shot in the first half.
It was a grim spectacle, outlining exactly why Everton's one win in 14 league games has led to growing unrest among the fan base. Everton improved after the break and threatened an equaliser but the danger was based largely on a succession of long balls rather than any guile, although Demarai Gray and substitute Anthony Gordon did their best to provide creativity.
However Everton came up short and once more face a pivotal moment, one they cannot afford to get wrong again. Villa dig deep for victory Everton 0-1 Aston Villa: Gerrard hails 'strongest' performance so far This was a Villa victory based more on sweat than quality, but manager Gerrard will be no less delighted for that.
In a tight first half, any danger was produced by Villa and it was fitting that Buendia's angled header from a corner gave them the lead as the Argentine was the game's most dangerous player at that stage. Villa were presented with a different challenge after the break as Everton turned up the tempo and the pressure, hoping the height provided by Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison, Mina and Godfrey might make a difference.
The visitors lived dangerously at times but it was a backs-to-the-wall effort that yielded three points as their defenders put bodies on the line to secure an everton vs aston villa victory. Buendia's excellence was the perfect response to those who felt he might be forced out by the arrival of Philippe Coutinho, who understandably tired as he adjusts to life back in the Premier League.
7 Richarlison 9 Calvert-Lewin • 1 Pickford • 2 Kenny • 13 Mina Booked at 58mins • 4 Holgate • 22 Godfrey Booked at 83mins • 14 Townsend Substituted for Gordon at 56' minutes • 16 Doucouré Substituted for Onyango at 65' minutes • 21 André Gomes Booked at 45mins Substituted for Allan at 51' minutes Booked at 82mins • 11 Gray • 7 Richarlison • 9 Calvert-Lewin Booked at 50mins Substitutes • 5 Keane • 6 Allan • 15 Begovic • 23 Coleman • 24 Gordon • 25 Gbamin • 33 Rondón • 61 Dobbin • 62 Onyango 10 Buendía 11 Watkins 23 Coutinho • 1 Martínez Booked at 68mins • 2 Cash Booked at 75mins • 4 Konsa • 5 Mings Booked at 86mins • 27 Digne • 7 McGinn • 6 Douglas Luiz • 41 J Ramsey • 10 Buendía Substituted for Hause at 90+1' minutes • 11 Watkins Substituted for Ings at 79' minutes Booked at 90mins • 23 Coutinho Substituted for Chukwuemeka at 74' minutes Substitutes • 3 Targett • 8 Sanson • 18 Young • 20 Ings • 25 Olsen • 29 Hayden • 30 Hause • 33 Chukwuemeka • 47 Iroegbunam As a blue I’m disgusted by the bottle throwing.
Villa deserved the lead and structured themselves to defend everton vs aston villa goal and did it brilliantly. We worked hard enough but lack quality and confidence.
We are in deep trouble and it’s not going to turn overnight. Gordon should have started as he is a ball player. We need a quality manager and not Ferguson. Dunc is just a stop gap and everton vs aston villa more. As a blue I’m disgusted by the bottle throwing.Villa deserved the lead and structured themselves to defend the goal and did it brilliantly.We worked hard enough but lack quality and confidence. We are in deep trouble and it’s not going to turn overnight.Gordon should have started as he is a ball player.
We need a quality manager and not Ferguson. Dunc is just a stop gap and nothing more. If Everton are relying on the petulant Richarlison to get them out of trouble they are misguided - more concerned with confrontation that contribution. Holgate and Calvert-Lewin also in danger of believing all the hype that is written about them; latter should focus on football not fashion.
Everton are relegation fodder with the players they currently have. If Everton are relying on the petulant Richarlison to get them out of trouble they are misguided - more concerned with confrontation that contribution.
Holgate and Calvert-Lewin also in danger of believing all the hype that is written about them; latter should focus on football not fashion.
Everton are relegation fodder with the players they currently have. Nice to see some real fight amd aggression from the Toffees today.
Ferguson galvanises the team and fans like no one else. Villa played well but we matched them and had some good chances in the second half.
Their goal was well worked. Disgusted with bottle incident: disgraceful behaviour. Ban for life. Nice to see some real fight amd aggression from the Toffees today. Ferguson galvanises the team and fans like no one else. Villa played well but we matched them and had some good chances in the second half. Their goal everton vs aston villa well worked. Disgusted with bottle incident: disgraceful behaviour.
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read about our approach to external linking.