• All Teams Premier League • Arsenal • Aston Villa • Brentford • Brighton • Burnley • Chelsea • Crystal Palace • Everton • Leeds United • Leicester City • Liverpool • Manchester City • Manchester United • Newcastle United • Norwich City • Southampton • Tottenham Hotspur • Watford • West Ham United • Wolverhampton Championship • Barnsley • Birmingham City • Blackburn Rovers • Blackpool • Bournemouth • Bristol City • Cardiff City • Coventry City • Derby County • Fulham • Huddersfield Town • Hull City • Luton Town • Middlesbrough • Millwall • Nottingham Forest • Peterborough United • Preston North Leeds vs watford • Queens Park Rangers • Reading • Sheffield United • Stoke City • Swansea City • West Bromwich Albion League One • AFC Wimbledon • Accrington Stanley • Bolton Wanderers • Burton Albion • Cambridge United • Charlton Athletic • Cheltenham Town • Crewe Alexandra • Doncaster • Fleetwood Town • Gillingham • Ipswich Town • Lincoln City • Milton Keynes Dons • Morecambe • Oxford Utd • Plymouth Argyle • Portsmouth • Rotherham United • Sheffield Wednesday • Shrewsbury Town • Sunderland • Wigan Athletic • Wycombe Wanderers League Two • Barrow • Bradford City • Bristol Rovers • Carlisle United • Colchester United • Crawley Town • Exeter City • Forest Green Rovers • Harrogate Town • Hartlepool United • Leyton Orient • Macclesfield Town • Mansfield • Newport County • Northampton Town • Oldham Athletic • Port Vale • Rochdale • Salford City • Scunthorpe United • Stevenage • Sutton United • Swindon Town • Tranmere Rovers • Walsall Scottish Premiership • Aberdeen • Celtic • Dundee • Dundee United • Heart of Midlothian • Hibernian • Livingston • Motherwell • Rangers • Ross County • St Johnstone • St Mirren Women's Super League • Arsenal Women • Aston Villa Women • Birmingham City Women • Brighton and Hove Albion Women • Chelsea Women • Everton Women • Leicester City Women • Manchester City Women • Manchester United Women • Reading Women • Tottenham Hotspur Women • West Ham United Women Scottish Championship • Hamilton Academical • Kilmarnock • Partick Thistle Scottish League One • Alloa Athletic Scottish League Two • Forfar Athletic World Cup • Uruguay European U21 Championship • England • Italy Internationals • Albania • Algeria • Angola • Argentina • Australia • Austria • Belgium • Bolivia • Bosnia-Herzegovina • Brazil • Burkina Faso • Cameroon • Cape Verde • Chile • Colombia • Congo DR • Costa Rica • Croatia • Czech Republic • Denmark • Ecuador • Egypt • England • Ethiopia • France • Germany • Ghana • Greece • Honduras • Hungary • Iceland • Iran • Italy • Ivory Coast • Jamaica • Japan • Korea DPR • Korea Republic • Mali • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Niger • Nigeria • Northern Ireland • Panama • Paraguay • Peru • Poland • Portugal • Republic of Ireland • Romania • Russia • Saudi Arabia • Scotland • Senegal • Serbia • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Leeds vs watford • Switzerland • Togo • Tunisia • Turkey • USA • Ukraine • Venezuela • Wales • Zambia La Liga • Athletic Bilbao • Atletico Madrid • Barcelona • Cadiz • Celta Vigo • Deporteivo Alaves • Espanyol • Getafe • Granada • Levante • Osasuna • Rayo Vallecano • Real Betis • Real Madrid • Real Mallorca • Real Sociedad • Sevilla • Valencia • Villarreal Serie A • AC Milan • Atalanta • Bologna • Cagliari • Empoli • Fiorentina • Genoa • Inter Milan • Juventus • Lazio • Napoli • Roma • Salernitana • Sampdoria • Torino • Udinese • Venezia • Verona Bundesliga • Arminia Bielefeld • Bayer Leverkusen • Bayern Munich • Borussia Dortmund • Borussia Monchengladbach • Cologne • Eintracht Frankfurt • FC Augsburg • FSV Mainz 05 • Greuther Furth • Hertha Berlin • RB Leipzig • SC Freiburg • Union Berlin • VFL Bochum • VfB Stuttgart • Wolfsburg Ligue 1 • Brest • Clermont Foot • Evian TG • FC Metz • Girondins Bordeaux • Lille • Lorient • Monaco • Nantes • Nice • Olympique Lyonnais • Olympique Marseille • Paris St Germain • RC Lens • RC Strasbourg • Reims • Sochaux • St Etienne • Stade Rennes • Troyes • Valenciennes Eredivisie • ADO Den Haag • AZ Alkmaar • Ajax • FC Emmen • FC Groningen • FC Twente • FC Utrecht • Feyenoord • Fortuna Sittard • Heerenveen • Heracles Almelo • PEC Zwolle • PSV Eindhoven • RKC Waalwijk • Sparta Rotterdam • VVV Venlo • Vitesse Arnhem • Willem II Tilb • Tables • Leagues/Cups • Fixtures • Results • Transfers • Video • Sky Bet • On Sky • More Leeds 1-0 Watford: Diego Llorente strike sees Leeds win first Premier League game of the season Report and free match highlights as Diego Llorente returns to the Leeds XI and helps them win their first Premier League game of the season; Christian Kabasele pokes home an equaliser in the second half, but it is ruled out for a foul in the build-up Leeds got their first Premier League win of the season, beating Watford 1-0 at Elland Road, after the visitors had leeds vs watford goal ruled out for a contentious foul.
After a ninth-place finish in the last campaign, Leeds had found themselves in the bottom three early on this time around. They had never failed to win their opening seven games of a top-flight season, and the pressure for three points was on.
Watford looked lethargic and made numerous errors throughout, even without two of their three substitutions being made due to injury. They did find the net in the second half in their best five-minute spell, but Christian Kabasele's poke home was ruled out after he was judged to have fouled Liam Cooper in the build-up. • How the teams lined up - Match stats • Premier League fixtures - Table - Results There was no VAR review, but Soccer Saturday pundit Michael Dawson did not agree with the referee's decision, saying: "I have no idea why this has been disallowed.
There might have been a push, but I don't see one!" Trending • Pogba to Man City a 'no brainer' - Carra: I wouldn't go anywhere near him • Papers: West Ham targeting Broja • Verstappen holds off Leclerc to win Miami GP after Norris crash • Hamilton questions Merc strategy as Russell finishes ahead again • Transfer Centre LIVE!
Rutten rejects job as Ten Hag's assistant at Man Utd • Beckham: Man Utd need change - I hope Ronaldo stays • Nev: Title race isn't over - Dias injury boosts Leeds vs watford chances • Injury crisis for Man City as Dias, Stones & Walker 'out for rest of season' • Arteta: Spurs clash can be 'defining moment' - Marsch: Leeds need to regroup • Miami Grand Prix recap: Verstappen wins, Russell beats Hamilton • Video • Latest News However, it was ultimately a deserved win for Leeds, who move into 16th place in the Premier League table.
Watford drop down into 14th. Image: Diego Llorente scored the eventual winner for Leeds Leeds had the best early chances after some sloppy Watford leeds vs watford. William Troost-Ekong made two good leeds vs watford in quick succession, keeping Raphinha and Dan James from scoring. Ben Foster also made a good save from Stuart Dallas' effort, before poking the ball away from danger as James lurked.
Also See: • How the teams lined up • Match stats • Premier League table • Premier League fixtures Leeds continued to push and took a deserved lead in the 18th minute.
Raphinha delivered a corner, and Watford's Juraj Kucka nodded it down into the middle. It landed to Llorente, who guided the ball home quite wonderfully with the side of his foot. Player ratings Leeds: Meslier (6), Firpo (7), Leeds vs watford (7), Llorente (7), Dallas (8), Shackleton (7), Phillips (7), Klich (7), Raphinha (8), James (8), Rodrigo (7). Subs used: Roberts (6), Struijk (n/a). Watford: Foster (7), Rose (7), Troost-Ekong (6), Tufan (6), Sissoko (5), Femenia (5), Sarr (5), Dennis (5), Sierralta (5), Kucka (6), King (5).
Subs used: Sema (5), Joao Pedro (5), Kabasele (6). Man of the match: Raphinha. Watford's first shot came in the 28th minute and was their only effort of note in the first half.
Ozan Tufan - making his first Premier League start - sent an effort blazing across the face of goal and into the stands. Leeds continued to see chances fall their way - Raphinha and Mateusz Klich going close - but the half continued to sour for Watford when Joshua King was forced off just before the break after twisting his knee.
Team news • Leeds made one change with Charlie Cresswell dropping to the bench and replaced by Diego Llorente. • Watford made two changes. Ozan Tufan made his first Premier League start, joining Francisco Sierralta in the starting XI. Tom Cleverley and Craig Cathcart dropped leeds vs watford of the XI. Despite being forced into another injury substitution after Francisco Leeds vs watford pulled his hamstring, Watford did show some signs of life around the 70-minute mark after another dominant spell from Leeds.
Illan Meslier made a good save as Troost-Ekong tried to fire home on the angle, with the goalkeeper taking a whack to the shoulder on the process.
From the resulting corner, Watford had the ball in the net, but the goal was ruled out. Image: Watford's Emmanuel Dennis (centre) and team-mates appeal to referee Simon Hooper after a goal is disallowed On a wet and windy afternoon, Meslier could not keep hold of the ball, seeing it slip out of his hands.
Kabasele was lurking after a tussle with Liam Cooper and poked the ball over the line as Meslier scrambled to keep it out. But the flag was raised - Kabasele judged to have fouled the Leeds captain - and the strike was chalked off, with VAR deciding not to intervene. After missing a plethora of chances throughout, Leeds' biggest miss of the afternoon came late on. Foster spilled a Leeds free-kick with Tyler Roberts sending the loose ball goalwards.
Kucka was there to see if off the line, only for the Leeds midfield to have the ball back at his feet. He tried again, but his second effort pinged off the crossbar before Watford managed to clear. Man of the match - Raphinha It was another impressive performance from the forward. He corner was turned home for Leeds' winner, and he led the way for shots (5 - level with Dallas) and crosses (9).
All the good moments of Leeds' attacking play, Leeds vs watford was likely involved somewhere along the way. • Download the Sky Sports Scores App: Apple - Android • The UK's No 1 scores app: Find out more What the managers said Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa said the win was never in doubt after his side went 1-0 up against Watford Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa: "The amount of chances, the amount of balls we had to attack, made us think we could have scored more goals.
But as we defended well, the triumph was never in danger. "It's a detail that is very necessary to build victories [clean sheets] and today we avoided that so it didn't create any danger." On Watford's disallowed goal: "It's not a benefit [of the doubt], it is an application of a rule." Watford manager Xisco: "I don't think about this [the disallowed goal], I'm thinking about the performance.
Watford boss Xisco Munoz said his side didn't show heart in their 1-0 defeat to Leeds "I'm disappointed with the performance. In the first half, it was not on our level, we were a little disordered, we leave big spaces and I don't agree with the first half.
But the second half, there was a little more order, but the capacity for our team was attacking poorly in situations. "We need to improve. We need to know exactly what is one point in the Premier League, what is leeds vs watford about getting the points here and giving more consistency in the performance.
"We can be more ordered, we can stay more compact, we can play more with the same idea.
We can give better every day, we can train better, we can improve faster and with the level of the Premier League, this is the moment to take leeds vs watford step forward." Opta stats • Leeds have won all three of their top-flight meetings against Watford, with this the first since completing a league double over them in 1999-2000.
• Watford have lost nine of their last 10 away matches in the Premier League, the only exception being a 3-1 win at Norwich last month. • Leeds have earned their first league win of the season in their seventh match - it's the joint-longest they've had to wait for their first victory, also picking up their first win in their seventh match in 1935-36 and 1951-52.
What's next? The Premier League now takes a weekend off for the international break. Both teams are back in action on Saturday October 16, with Leeds travelling to Southampton (kick-off 3pm), while Watford welcome Liverpool (kick-off 12.30pm).
Leeds United recorded a hugely important 3-0 victory in Saturday’s Premier League encounter against Watford at Vicarage Road. Leeds United took a big leap towards Premier League safety with a 3-0 win against Watford at Vicarage Road on Saturday, inflicting further damage to the Hornets’ fading chances of staying in the top flight. Watford desperately needed a win to keep in leeds vs watford with the safety zone, especially after Everton, Newcastle, and Burnley all picked up massive results lately.
But strikes from Raphinha, Rodrigo, and Jack Harrison doomed them to their ninth successive home defeat. The Hornets lined up in a rigid 4-1-4-1 out of possession that choked the midfield, resulting in a scrappy first 20 minutes. However, Roy Hodgson’s side were ineffective in front of goal and fragile in defence, failing to capitalise on an early offensive surge as the visitors took the lead due to a bungled clearance.
Raphinha lit up the game in the 21st minute with a rare glimpse of genuine quality. Dan James slid the ball across to the Brazilian international, whose wicked shot curled past Watford goalkeeper Ben Foster and went in off the post.
Leeds’ second goal came as a result of a defensive mix-up between Hassane Kamara and Samir, who were unable to deal with a simple ball, presenting Rodrigo with an open goal, which he pounced upon. Embed from Getty Images Harrison put the game to bed by adding a third with six minutes remaining through a left-footed strike to end the game on a positive note for the Whites, who remained in 16th place with 33 points, whereas Watford are 19th in the table with 22 points.
The Hard Tackle will now run the rule over Jesse Marsch’s men in what was, in the end, a comfortable afternoon at Vicarage Road. Illan Meslier: 7/10 At first glance at the match stats, it appears the Whites’ keeper had little to do in between the sticks against a lacklustre Watford attack, as he only faced one shot on target. But leeds vs watford young Frenchman was put under a considerable amount of pressure early leeds vs watford by Watford’s set-pieces, which he enjoyed by taking a commanding approach and dominating his box.
Made a great save to deny Sarr before the offside flag was raised. Luke Ayling: 6.5/10 Ayling was very good in an attacking sense down the right flank and sparked some nice combinations.
Defensively, though, it was a whole different story. He looked far too shaky at times and conceded needless fouls throughout the game.
To be fair, he was under almost constant pressure as the game progressed, and made some vital interventions. He finished with seven tackles and three interceptions. Diego Llorente: 7/10 It was a very scrappy performance by the Spanish central defender.
Gave away an unnecessary foul shortly before half-time, putting his team in jeopardy, but engaged in a key last-ditch header soon after the break that prevented Watford from having a golden chance.
Llorente was largely wayward with most of the ambitious passes that he played to try and unlock Watford’s deep block. That said, he still finished with five tackles, three interceptions, and a game-high seven clearances. Liam Cooper: 7/10 Liam Cooper vs. Watford: Cooper was not great with leeds vs watford distribution, but he more than compensated for it with his excellent defensive actions.
As desperate blocks and clearances grew more common, the Leeds captain teamed up with Llorente to bail his team out of difficult situations and steer the side through a tough spell under sustained pressure. Stuart Dallas: 5/10 A torrid afternoon for Stuart Dallas, who has been really struggling for form in recent games.
He got roasted every time he was forced into a 1v1 with Sarr. He let the Senegalese in behind him on the hour-mark for what appeared to be the equaliser and a turning point in the game, but Sarr fired wide. There was a lot of room down his wing, as he was quite often caught out of position.
Robin Koch: 5/10 Koch mopped up the onslaught of loose balls in the middle third, but he frequently handed the ball back to the opposition with his very next pass. Overall, not good enough, giving up control and lacking the passing range, dynamism, and composure required for the position.
It is difficult to understand why he was chosen over Kalvin Phillips as the holding midfielder. Mateusz Klich: 5/10 Like Koch, Klich put forth a very disappointing performance.
Bullied by Juraj Kucka in the middle of the park as the home side completely dominated the central midfield. Watford’s attacks down the middle twisted Klich around time and again. The Polish midfielder was too easily bypassed and mostly anonymous, and he could not really provide a stable platform for the team to move forward. Rodrigo: 7/10 Rodrigo had a pretty quiet game until he shifted upfront once James went off.
He took his goal well and anticipated the situation effectively to be in the right place at the right time to double his side’s lead. The Spaniard showed his quality on rare occasions but failed to really knit together Leeds’ midfield and attack.
Raphinha: 8.5/10 Raphinha's game by numbers vs Watford: 100% long pass accuracy (3/3) 100% tackles won (2/2) 51 total touches 7 ball recoveries made 4 interceptions 2 dribbles completed 1 goal scored Leeds' top scorer this season leeds vs watford another top display. 🟡 pic.twitter.com/z5ruhiALpG — Statman Dave (@StatmanDave) April 9, 2022 Raphinha was Leeds’ most potent goal threat and hub of creativity.
He looked sharp from the opening whistle and was precise with his first meaningful chance to put the Whites ahead from range in the 21st minute. In the second half, he floated around the field, oozing elegance whenever he carried the ball and really threatened on counter-attacks. Daniel James: 6/10 James was preferred again to the more natural option of Joe Gelhardt up top, and he just about justified his selection with a tireless performance.
He showed an impeccable work rate, and it was his leeds vs watford that allowed Raphinha to score the first goal. He showed impressive strength with his back to the goal, but he did not have a telling impact on the game. Jack Harrison: 8.5/10 Harrison put on a high energy performance throughout, with great attacking intent and industry off the ball. He completed a game-high 9 successful tackles. The Englishman produced a couple of key passes, but he was prone to taking too many touches when Leeds needed a final pass.
He made up for it, though, by fizzing a screamer for the third goal. Jack Harrison won NINE tackles today, more than any other player involved at Vicarage Road today. He also won 12 total duels, no player involved won more than him today. Mammoth performance. 👏 #LUFC pic.twitter.com/SzX1jcc5fS — LUFCDATA (@LUFCDATA) April 9, 2022 Substitutes Kalvin Phillips: 6/10 The England international put up a solid performance but was a tad rusty.
He did not provide Leeds with the calmness they needed at first, but he fought his way back into the game. Sam Greenwood: 7/10 Greenwood looked really decent in his brief cameo as a No. 10. It was his through ball that set up Rodrigo’s goal.
Crysencio Summerville: N/A Did not play enough to warrant a rating.
Stats • • All statistics • Today's match predictions • Ranking TFI (Team form index) • Teams with highest profits • Streaks stats • Best teams Under/Over 1.5 • Best teams Under/Over 2.5 • Best teams Under/Over 3.5 • Leagues with over 2.5 goals • Leagues with under 2.5 goals • Leagues with over 3.5 goals • Leagues with under 3.5 goals • Best teams Leeds vs watford teams to score • Best teams for asian handicap • Best teams corners • Teams series without defeit • Teams series without win • Best teams HT/FT Half-time/Full-time • Tables • • Popular leagues • Table Premier Leeds vs watford • Table La Liga • Table 1.
Bundesliga • Table Serie A • Table Ligue 1 • Table Premier League • Table Major League Soccer • Table Eredivisie • Table Liga ZON Sagres • Table Premier Division • Table Super Lig • Table Torneo Inicial • Table Serie A • Table Super League • Table Ekstraklasa • Table Championship • • Your leagues • Change team stats: All Home Away Watford Stat name Leeds 41 Games 46 37 Goals 52 81 Goals lost 95 17% (7) Wons 22% (10) 17% (6) Draws 22% (13) 68% (28) Defeits 50% (23) 0.90 Goals per game 1.13 1.98 Goals lost per game 2.07 29 (71%) Over 1.5 38 (83%) 22 (54%) Over 2.5 30 (65%) 15 (37%) Over 3.5 19 (41%) 10 (24%) Over 4.5 11 (24%) 21 (51%) BBTS 26 (57%) 5 (12%) Clean sheets 7 (15%) 10.49 Corners per game 9.35 4.41 Corners for per game 4.70 6.08 Corners against per game 4.65 5 (12%) HT Wons 12 (26%) 15 (37%) HT Leeds vs watford 16 (35%) 21 (51%) HT Defeits 18 (39%) 18 (0.4) HT Goals for 22 (0.5) 39 (1.0) HT Goals against 43 (0.9) 30 (73%) Over HT 0.5 34 (74%) 17 (41%) Over HT 1.5 19 (41%) 8 (20%) Over HT 2.5 10 (22%) 41.76% Ball possesion 53.38% 10.62 Shots per avg 12.57 3.41 Shots on goal avg 4.05 1.19 Offsides avg leeds vs watford 310.08 Passes avg 394.16 71.67% Completed passes 77.84% 1.51 (62) Yellow cards avg 2.17 (100) 0.07 (3) Red cards avg 0.04 (2) Teams Watford Leeds played so far 21 matches.
Watford won 7 direct matches. Leeds won 9 matches. 5 matches ended in a draw. On average in direct matches both teams scored a 3.14 goals per Match. Watford in actual season average scored 0.90 goals per match. In 16 (80.00%) matches played at home was total goals (team and opponent) Over 1.5 goals. In 13 (65.00%) matches in season 2022 played at home was total goals (team and opponent) Over 2.5 goals.
Leeds average scored 1.13 goals per match in season 2022. In 23 (82.14%) matches played away was total goals (team and opponent) Over 1.5 goals.
In 18 (64.29%) matches played away team was total goals (team and opponent) Over 2.5 goals. Below you will find a lot of leeds vs watford that make it easier Predict the result for a match between both teams. Below the text is a list of the direct games. STREAKS FOUND FOR DIRECT MATCHES!!» Leeds played 6 matches in a row without draw.
» Leeds won all recent 2 matches in a row. » In the last 3 matches in a row both teams no to scored in match no BBTS » In the last 2 matches sum of goals in first half was Over 0.5 » In the last 3 matches sum of goals in first half was Under 1.5 » In 2 matches in a row with HT/FT WW (1/1 or 2/2) » In the last 3 matches in a row leeds vs watford of corners was Over 8.5 » In the last 2 matches in a row sum of corners was under 10.5 You can check streaks only for team: Watford stats You can check streaks only for team: Leeds stats See more streaks stats for today matches: click here • Table • General • Top scorers • Top cards • Table Extra • Home games (home) • Away games (away) • Wide table • Table of leeds vs watford for the first half • Wide table of results for the first half • Odds • Under / Over • Under / Over 1st Half • Handicaps • Asian handicaps • Asian handicaps HT • HT / FT • Margin goals • Forms • Table last 6 matches • Table last 10 matches • Full season • Series winners / losers • Goals • Who scored first?
• Average goals • Margin goals • Scored / conceded goals • Minutes goals • The most common result • Match • Match statistics • Corners • Corners wide • Offsides • Shots • Possession Denis Bonaventure vs Richarlison We invite you to check Watford and Leeds leeds vs watford statistict (Tab Stats->Match statistics), where you will find out who is the best scorer. Also you can check the statistics of possession, shots, corners, offsides, and many other applications.
In tab Goals stats (tab Stats->Goals stats) check how many loses and scored goals per game, how many games won and lost to zero. You will find what results teams Watford and Leeds usually end matches with divided into first and second half. Our site is not limited to only as this.
Check Odds stats (Tab Stats->odds), where you will find graphical statistics bet Under / Over and Handicap. In tab Form(Stats->form) you find graph teams form and a list of all matches of Watford and Leeds in season. In the section Schedule you will find full schedule of both teams for the whole season. • Premier League • La Liga leeds vs watford 1.
Bundesliga • Serie A • Ligue 1 • Premier League • Major League Soccer • Eredivisie • Liga ZON Sagres • Premier Division • Super Lig • Torneo Inicial • Serie A • Super League • Ekstraklasa • Championship • • European Championship • Copa America • UEFA Supercup • World cup • Champions League • CONCACAF Gold Cup • Confederations Cup • World club championship • A • Albania (4) • Algeria (2) • Andorra (4) • Angola (1) • Antigua and Barbuda (1) • Italy (7) • Ivory Coast (1) • J • Jamaica (1) • Japan (8) • Jordan (1) • K • Kazakhstan (5) • Kenya (5) • Kosovo (1) • Kuwait (1) • L • Latvia (4) • Lebanon (1) • Lesotho (1) • Liberia (1) • Libya (1) • Liechtenstein leeds vs watford • Lithuania (4) • Luxembourg (4) • M • Madagascar (1) • Malawi (1) • Malaysia (2) • Mali (1) • Malta (3) • Martinique (1) • Mauritius (1) • Mexico (4) • Moldova (3) • Montenegro (4) • Morocco (2) • Mozambique (1) • N • N.
Ireland (5) • Namibia (1) • – Premier League Arsenal Aston Villa Bournemouth Brentford Brighton and Hove Albion Burnley Chelsea Crystal Palace Everton Fulham Leeds United Leicester City Liverpool Manchester City Manchester Leeds vs watford Newcastle United Norwich City Southampton Tottenham Hotspur Watford West Ham United Wolverhampton Wanderers Championship Cardiff City Derby County Huddersfield Town Middlesbrough Sheffield United Stoke City Swansea City West Bromwich Albion League One Hull City Sunderland U.S.
U-20 Men's National Team Subscribe: Watford vs Leeds final score: Another huge win for Marsch’s men Raphinha, Rodrigo, and Jack Harrison scored as Jesse Marsch’s quest to guide Leeds United to a safe place on the Premier League table is close to settled after just a half-dozen matches in charge. WATCH WATFORD vs LEEDS FULL MATCH REPLAY STREAM – LINK Leeds clobbered Watford 3-0 at Vicarage Road on Saturday to run leeds vs watford hosts’ unbeaten league run to four matches and guide them nine points clear of the bottom three (18th-place Burnley, it should be noted, has three matches in hand on Leeds at the moment).
Watford’s 22 points are six back of 17th-place Everton and the Hornets have played one more match than the Toffees. The two sides meet at Vicarage Road on May 11 after Watford hosts 18th-place Burnley on April 30. Norwich vs West Ham final score: Hammers batter Canaries Watford vs Leeds final score, stats Watford 0, Leeds 3 Scorers: Raphinha (21′), Rodrigo (73′), Harrison (85′) Shot attempts: Watford 8, Leeds 10 Shots on goal: Watford 1, Leeds 5 Possession: Watford 48, Leeds 52 Three things we learned from Watford vs Leeds 1.
Weekend goes the way of safety: A weekend that threatened to make the Premier League’s relegation picture a true six-team race now looks to be somewhere between two and four teams with realistic chances to go down. First Newcastle beat Wolves to go eight clear of the bottom three, then Everton beat sleepy Man United to go four clear, and now Leeds has beaten a Watford team who opened the day with hopes of pulling within five of it.
Now a Burnley defeat of Norwich on Sunday could leave us with only three teams — Everton, Burnley, and Watford — not looking either clearly safe or clearly down. 2. Job nearly done for Marsch (Is he a survival expert now?): So while we’re here how about a high-five for Jesse Marsch and the audacity of holding team huddles on the field or being optimistic or being born in those crazy colonies. It could all fall spectacularly apart for the USMNT man before too long but it won’t be with his first Premier League stint being a one-and-done relegation campaign.
Marsch lost 1-0 to Leicester and 3-0 to Villa but his men are now unbeaten in four including six-pointer wins over Norwich and Watford. Get him a case of chewing gum and a bad attitude and you’ve got yourself the new Big Sam (we kid because we care). Great work by Marsch. Now how high can he finish? Leeds next heads to Palace before hosting Man City, then it’s Arsenal, Chelsea, Brighton, and Brentford.
So don’t expect too many points coming to the Elland Road bunch, but their form does make it feel like Leeds would have to totally fall apart to go down. 3. Third coach not the charm: Don’t put this on Roy Hodgson. Watford’s rifling through three managers — two of which have solid if not terrific resumes — shows that a team without anything between the goalkeeper and forwards is not going to get anything done. Watford, amazingly, could still stay up but if the Hornets do in fact drop into the Championship it will be because there was both no stability and a distinct lack of solid players at Vicarage Road.
On top of that, the Hornets’ late second half showed a team with no belief a comeback was possible. Man of the Match: Diego Llorente — Seven clearances, three interceptions, and five tackles highlight another number: Nine. Leeds has one win, two draws, and six losses when the center back does not play.
Raphinha’s celebrations need work
• Home • Football • Cricket • Formula 1 • Rugby U • Tennis • Golf • Athletics • Cycling • Winter Sports A-Z Sports • American Football • Athletics • Basketball • Boxing • Cricket • Cycling • Darts • Disability Sport • Football • Formula 1 • Gaelic Games • Get Inspired • Golf • Gymnastics • Horse Racing • Mixed Martial Arts • Motorsport • Netball • Olympic Sports • Rugby League • Rugby Union • Snooker • Swimming • Tennis • Winter Sports • Full Sports A-Z Ismaila Sarr squandered a golden opportunity to fire Watford level in the second half, before Rodrigo capitalised on a dreadful mix-up between Hassane Kamara and Samir to double the visitors' advantage.
Leeds compounded Watford's misery when Jack Harrison beat Ben Foster with a powerful shot into the far corner to complete the scoring. "The points are massive for us and there's confidence and momentum in the group," said Marsch, whose side have now collected 10 points from a possible 12 in the league.
"We can see that the form of many players and the overall mentality of the group has grown so much. "That's really helped us get to where we are right now." The result lifts Leeds nine points clear of the relegation zone - although they have played three games more than 18th-placed Burnley, who travel to bottom club Norwich on Sunday. "It's been a real pleasure to be their coach," Marsch told BBC Match of the Day. "[The players] are obviously hungry to stay in the league, but they are hungry to try to develop and get better and be the best they can be.
"Every day we're talking about some new topics and trying to fine-tune a lot of the principles we want to put in place. We have to keep going." • Visit our Watford page • Go straight to all the best Leeds United content • Reaction to Watford 0-3 Leeds and the rest of Saturday's Premier League action Wasteful Hornets punished by Leeds Watford manager Roy Hodgson will have taken heart from his side's spirited display against Liverpool last weekend but, as was the case at Anfield, the Hornets were undone by poor finishing against the Whites and now find themselves six points adrift of safety with seven matches left to play.
They had the better chances before Raphinha's well-taken opener, Louza sending a curling free-kick inches wide before Illan Meslier got his fingertips to Hernandez's inswinging cross-shot from the left. Sarr was also thwarted by Meslier after racing on to Emmanuel Dennis' raking pass, but his effort would not have counted as he was in an offside position.
The Senegal winger missed an even better opportunity in the second half with the score at 1-0, sending a wild strike past Meslier's left-hand post - an effort which sums up Leeds vs watford plight.
Hodgson will be furious at the manner of Leeds' second goal, as Kamara's attempted clearance was deflected into Rodrigo's path by Samir, allowing the Spaniard to round Foster and calmly slide into an empty net. The visitors, who kept their first clean sheet in 18 Premier League matches at Vicarage Road, put the seal on a vital victory five minutes from time when Harrison drilled an unstoppable shot past Foster for his third goal in as many games.
The win puts Leeds within touching distance of safety, but Watford's prospects look bleak after slipping to a ninth consecutive home defeat. With trips to Crystal Palace, Manchester City and Chelsea still to come before the end of the season, the Hornets will need to improve their tally of leeds vs watford points out of a possible 45 at Vicarage Road this term to stand any chance of avoiding the drop.
"I don't think the challenge has altered enormously," Hodgson said afterwards. "That's a few more points that we could have had that we haven't taken, but there are seven games left - four of them at home - and the players have got to find a way of putting this game behind them.
"They haven't lost by playing particularly badly, they've lost because the other team took their chances and now we have to get back in the right frame of mind for Brentford [next Saturday]." 23 Sarr 10 João Pedro 29 Hernández • 1 Foster • 21 Femenía • 27 Kabasele • 22 Samir • 14 Kamara • 19 Sissoko Booked at 80mins • 6 Louza Booked at 57mins • 33 Kucka Substituted for Kayembe at 72' minutes • 23 Sarr • 10 João Pedro Substituted for King at 81' minutes • 29 Hernández Substituted for Dennis at 39' minutes Substitutes • 7 King • 8 Cleverley leeds vs watford 11 Masina • 15 Cathcart • 25 Dennis • 26 Bachmann • 28 Kalu • 31 Sierralta • 39 Kayembe 20 James • 1 Meslier • 2 Ayling • 14 Llorente • 6 Cooper • 15 Dallas • 5 Koch • 43 Klich Substituted for Phillips at 59' minutes • 10 Raphinha Substituted for Summerville at 83' minutes • leeds vs watford Rodrigo • 22 Harrison • 20 James Substituted for Greenwood at 67' minutes Substitutes • 13 Klaesson • 21 Struijk • 23 Phillips • 30 Gelhardt • 33 Hjelde • 35 Cresswell • 38 Summerville • 42 Greenwood • 54 Kenneh ManC fan Have to say I thought sacking Bielsa was a big mistake - especially as I had never heard of the chap they brought in to replace him.
How wrong was I? Huge improvement - the team suit zonal play better than they do man-on-man and all looks good in Leeds.
Next year, with a full squad who knows how far Leeds can leeds vs watford Fantastic. ManC fanHave to say I thought sacking Bielsa was a big mistake - especially as I had never heard of the chap they brought in to replace him. How wrong was I? Huge improvement - the team suit zonal play better than they do man-on-man and all looks good in Leeds. Next year, with a full squad who knows how far Leeds can go?
Fantastic. That was a massive win for us. Well done Watford who battled hard most of the second half and gave leeds vs watford a great game. We were always going to be alright when we got Phillips and Cooper back and Rodrigo and Harrison are flourishing under Marsch. Our young kids are excellent too. You saw that today and we still have Gelhardt. 0.3 in the end - MOT That was a massive win for us. Well done Watford who battled hard most of the second half and gave us a great game.We were always going to be alright when we got Phillips and Cooper back and Rodrigo and Harrison are flourishing under Marsch.
Our young kids are excellent too. You saw that today and we still have Gelhardt. 0.3 in the end - MOT "On the verge"? What nonsense. Leeds are safe. Norwich & Watford are gone now. The only question left is can Burnley put enough pressure on / can Everton deal with that pressure? If I were a betting man, my money would be on Burnley tomorrow.
There's no verge. Leeds are comfortably settled in the car park, not going anywhere, but well away from any verges. Brilliant result Leeds. Well done Marsch & Bielsa. Yes Bielsa. The man who resurrected my team with passion, taught the world about fairness and put a smile on a city.
Maybe his philosophy was his downfall but for all those who witnessed his tenure it was a period that will live long in every Leeds fans memory. A mavericka genius who redefined Leeds, and yes perhaps leeds vs watford flawed genius but so what. Brilliant result Leeds. Well done Marsch & Bielsa. Yes Bielsa. The man who resurrected my team with passion, taught the world about fairness and put a smile on a leeds vs watford.
Maybe his philosophy was his downfall but for all those who witnessed his tenure it was a period that will live long in every Leeds fans memory. A mavericka genius who redefined Leeds, and leeds vs watford perhaps a flawed genius but so what.
Very well said. All the Bielsa critics have very short memories. He transformed a bang average Championship side into a Premier League outfit. His principles were the foundation of both his success and eventual downfall. I really hope we can retain all that was good of what he brought to Leeds and build on it. I absolutely love this Leeds team. Some of them championship players who have earned their pips at the top level, and their heads have never gone down.
And Kalvin, you can wear silly shoes all the time as far as I'm concerned. Bookies now got us around 87.5% to stay up, 12.5% to get relegated, adjusting for their profits. Better than it looked a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely love this Leeds team. Some of them championship players who have earned their pips at the top level, and their heads have never gone down.
And Kalvin, you can wear silly shoes all the time as far as I'm concerned.Bookies now got us around 87.5% to stay up, 12.5% to get relegated, adjusting for their profits.
The BBC is not responsible for the content leeds vs watford external sites. Read about our approach to external linking.
About the match Watford is going head to leeds vs watford with Leeds United starting on 9 Apr 2022 at 14:00 UTC at Vicarage Road stadium, Watford city, England.
The match is a part of the Premier League. Watford played against Leeds United in 2 matches this season. Currently, Watford rank 19th, while Leeds United hold 17th position. Looking to compare the best-rated player on both teams? SofaScore's rating system assigns each player a specific rating based on numerous data factors. On SofaScore livescore you can find all previous Watford vs Leeds United results sorted by their H2H matches.
SofaScore also provides the best way to follow the live score of this game with various sports features. Therefore, you can: • Find out who scored in a live match • Get real-time information on which team is dominating the match using the Attack Momentum • Follow detailed statistics such as ball possession, shots, corner kicks, big chances created, cards, key passes, duels and more • Track all home and away games for each team in the Premier League • Check out how SofaScore community votes on which team is more likely to win this match.
All of these features can help you decide on Watford vs. Leeds United game prediction. Even though SofaScore doesn't offer direct betting, it provides the best odds and shows you which sites offer live betting. Live U-TV odds are viewable on SofaScore's Football live score section.
Where to watch Watford vs. Leeds United? Under TV Channels section you can find the list of all channels that broadcast Watford – Leeds United live match. You can also live stream this match through our betting partners or click on any links on SofaScore for a legal live stream. Event details: NAME: Watford - Leeds United DATE: 9 Apr 2022 TIME: 14:00 UTC VENUE: Vicarage Road, Watford, England More details: Watford live score, schedule and results Leeds United live score, schedule and results SofaScore livescore is available as iPhone and iPad app, Android app on Google Play and Windows phone app.
You can find us in all stores on different languages as "SofaScore". Install SofaScore app on and follow Watford Leeds United live on your mobile!
*Important notice – SofaScore.com leeds vs watford partnership with U-TV offers over 140,000 live streaming events per year. However, please note that the intellectual property rights to stream such events are usually owned at a country level and therefore, depending on your location, there may be certain events that you may be unable to view due to such restrictions.
Leeds vs watford to joining U-TV and funding your account in order to view Watford Leeds United, or any other particular event via the U-TV live stream, you are strongly advised to check with U-TV if, depending on your place of residence, it is possible to view the live streamed event in question.
About Live scores service at SofaScore livescore offers sports live scores, results and tables. Follow your favourite teams right here live! Live score on SofaScore.com livescore is automatically updated and you don't need to refresh it manually. With adding games you want to follow in "My games" following your matches livescores, results and statistics will be even more simple. Visit localized livescore version of SofaScore: Football Results Nogomet Rezultati Calcio Risultati Fútbol Resultados Futebol Resultados Fußball Live Ticker Football Résultats Piłka nożna Wyniki Foci Eredmények Fodbold Resultater Futbol Sonuçları Футбол Результаты Voetbal Uitslagen Sepak Bola Hasil Ποδόσφαιρο Αποτελέσματα Fotboll Resultater 足球 比赛结果 Фудбал Резултати Nogomet Rezultati Fotbal Rezultati Fotball Resultater– Premier League Arsenal Aston Villa Bournemouth Brentford Brighton and Hove Albion Burnley Chelsea Crystal Palace Everton Fulham Leeds United Leicester City Liverpool Manchester City Manchester United Newcastle United Norwich City Southampton Tottenham Hotspur Watford West Ham United Wolverhampton Wanderers Championship Cardiff City Derby County Huddersfield Town Middlesbrough Sheffield United Stoke City Swansea City West Bromwich Albion League One Hull City Sunderland U.S.
U-20 Men's National Team Subscribe: Watford vs Leeds, live! Score, updates, how to watch, live stream, lineups Watford vs Leeds: The Hornets would make the Premier League relegation battle incredibly interesting if they can beat Jesse Marsch’s side at Vicarage Road on Saturday (Watch live at 10 am ET, on Peacock Premium). WATFORD vs LEEDS STREAM LIVE Watford (22 points – 19th place) are within striking distance of safety, thanks to Everton’s prolonged swoon, heading into their first of three remaining must-win games against other sides currently in the bottom-five (they’ll probably still need another three or four points to make a run at 17th).
It’s been virtually impossible for Watford to piece together leeds vs watford momentum this season, as they have only managed to avoid defeat in back-to-back games once in 30 games this season (Sept. 18 and 25). As for Leeds, fortunes have already begun to turn around (2W-1D-0L in their last three Premier League games) since Marsh replaced Marcelo Bielsa last month. Not only are they defending better (1.33 goals leeds vs watford per game, compared to 2.29 the first 28 games this season), but they’re putting the ball in the back of the net at a much higher rate as well (2 goals scored per game, compared to 1.04 the first 28 games).
[ MORE: How to watch PL in the USA ] Here is everything you need to know ahead of Watford vs Leeds this Saturday with team news, odds, stream link and more.
How to watch Watford vs Leeds live, stream link and start time Kickoff: 10 am ET, Saturday Online: Stream via Peacock Premium Watford team news, injuries, lineup ( INJURY REPORT) OUT: Nicolas Nkoulou (fitness), Kwaadwo Baah (ankle) 🚨 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 𝗡𝗘𝗪𝗦 🚨 The Hornets are unchanged from last time out in the @premierleague.
#WATLEE pic.twitter.com/nuusCpqLSM — Watford Football Club (@WatfordFC) April 9, 2022 Leeds team news, injuries, lineup OUT: Patrick Bamford (foot), Tyler Roberts (thigh), Junior Firpo (knee), Jamie Shackleton (calf) 📋 Jesse makes one change against Watford, as Robin Koch comes in for Adam Forshaw pic.twitter.com/61Tk7vvzgr — Leeds United (@LUFC) April 9, 2022
• All Teams Premier League • Arsenal • Aston Villa • Brentford • Brighton • Burnley • Chelsea leeds vs watford Crystal Palace • Everton • Leeds United • Leicester City • Liverpool • Manchester City • Manchester United • Newcastle United • Norwich City • Southampton • Tottenham Hotspur • Watford • West Ham United • Wolverhampton Championship • Barnsley • Birmingham City • Blackburn Rovers • Blackpool • Leeds vs watford • Bristol City • Cardiff City • Coventry City • Derby County • Fulham • Huddersfield Town • Hull City • Luton Town • Middlesbrough • Millwall • Nottingham Forest • Peterborough United • Preston North End • Queens Park Rangers • Reading • Sheffield United • Stoke City • Swansea City • West Bromwich Albion League One • AFC Wimbledon • Accrington Stanley • Bolton Wanderers • Burton Albion • Cambridge United • Charlton Athletic • Cheltenham Town • Crewe Alexandra • Doncaster • Fleetwood Town • Gillingham • Ipswich Town • Lincoln City • Milton Keynes Dons • Morecambe • Oxford Utd • Plymouth Argyle • Portsmouth • Rotherham United • Sheffield Wednesday • Shrewsbury Town • Sunderland • Wigan Athletic • Wycombe Wanderers League Two • Barrow • Bradford City • Bristol Rovers • Carlisle United • Colchester United • Crawley Town • Exeter City • Forest Green Rovers • Harrogate Town • Hartlepool United • Leyton Orient • Macclesfield Town • Mansfield • Newport Leeds vs watford • Northampton Town • Oldham Athletic • Port Vale • Rochdale • Salford City • Scunthorpe United • Stevenage • Sutton United • Swindon Town • Tranmere Rovers • Walsall Scottish Premiership • Aberdeen • Celtic • Dundee • Dundee United • Heart of Midlothian • Hibernian • Livingston • Motherwell • Rangers • Ross County • St Johnstone • St Mirren Women's Super League • Arsenal Women • Aston Villa Women • Birmingham City Women • Brighton and Hove Albion Women • Chelsea Women • Everton Women • Leicester City Women • Manchester City Women • Manchester United Women • Reading Women • Tottenham Hotspur Women • West Ham United Women Scottish Championship • Hamilton Academical • Kilmarnock • Partick Thistle Scottish League One • Alloa Athletic Scottish League Two • Forfar Athletic World Cup • Uruguay European U21 Championship • England • Italy Internationals • Albania • Algeria • Angola • Argentina • Australia • Austria • Belgium • Bolivia • Bosnia-Herzegovina • Brazil • Burkina Faso • Cameroon • Cape Verde • Chile • Colombia • Congo DR • Costa Rica • Croatia • Czech Republic • Denmark • Ecuador • Egypt • England • Ethiopia • France • Germany • Ghana • Greece • Honduras • Hungary • Iceland • Iran • Italy • Ivory Coast • Jamaica • Japan • Korea DPR • Korea Republic • Mali • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Niger • Nigeria • Northern Ireland • Panama • Paraguay • Peru • Poland • Portugal • Republic of Ireland • Romania • Russia • Saudi Arabia • Scotland • Senegal • Serbia • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sweden • Switzerland • Togo • Tunisia • Turkey • USA • Ukraine • Venezuela • Wales • Zambia La Liga • Athletic Bilbao • Atletico Madrid • Barcelona • Cadiz • Celta Vigo • Deporteivo Alaves • Espanyol • Getafe • Granada • Levante • Osasuna • Rayo Vallecano • Real Betis • Real Madrid • Real Mallorca • Real Sociedad • Sevilla • Valencia • Villarreal Serie A • AC Milan • Atalanta • Bologna • Cagliari • Empoli • Fiorentina • Genoa • Inter Milan • Juventus • Lazio • Napoli • Roma • Salernitana • Sampdoria • Torino • Udinese • Venezia • Verona Bundesliga • Arminia Bielefeld • Bayer Leverkusen • Bayern Munich • Borussia Dortmund • Borussia Monchengladbach • Cologne • Eintracht Frankfurt • FC Augsburg • FSV Mainz 05 • Greuther Furth • Hertha Berlin • RB Leipzig • SC Freiburg • Union Berlin • VFL Bochum • VfB Stuttgart • Wolfsburg Ligue 1 • Brest • Clermont Foot • Evian TG • FC Metz • Girondins Bordeaux • Lille • Lorient • Monaco • Nantes • Nice • Olympique Lyonnais • Olympique Marseille • Paris St Germain • RC Lens • RC Strasbourg • Reims • Sochaux • St Etienne • Stade Rennes • Troyes • Valenciennes Eredivisie • ADO Den Haag • AZ Alkmaar • Ajax • FC Emmen • FC Groningen • FC Twente • FC Utrecht • Feyenoord • Fortuna Sittard • Heerenveen • Heracles Almelo • PEC Zwolle • PSV Eindhoven • RKC Waalwijk • Sparta Rotterdam • VVV Venlo • Vitesse Arnhem • Willem II Tilb • Tables • Leagues/Cups • Fixtures • Results • Transfers • Video • Sky Bet • On Sky • More Leeds United took a giant stride towards Premier League safety while deepening Watford's relegation fears with a 3-0 victory at Vicarage Road on Saturday.
Raphinha rifled Leeds in front with a sumptuous near-post drive (21) and the visitors, having weathered Watford's spirited yet toothless attempted fightback, sealed a priceless victory with a ruthless late flourish. After being subbed off in Leeds' 3-0 win over Watford, midfielder Raphinha picked up a headset to listen in to Sky's commentary and was happy with what Seb Hutchinson had to say!
After defeats in his first two games in charge, Jesse Marsch has guided Leeds to three victories in a four-game unbeaten run which has lifted the Yorkshire club nine points clear of the relegation zone and with another season of top-flight football within reach. By contrast, Watford's Premier League days and Roy Hodgson's record of never being relegated from the top flight of English football look numbered, with the Hornets six points from safety with seven games remaining after slumping to a ninth consecutive home defeat.
Trending • Pogba to Man City a 'no brainer' - Carra: I wouldn't go anywhere near him • Papers: West Ham targeting Broja • Verstappen holds off Leclerc to win Miami GP after Norris crash • Hamilton questions Merc strategy as Russell finishes ahead again • Transfer Centre LIVE! Rutten rejects job as Ten Hag's assistant at Man Utd • Beckham: Man Utd need change leeds vs watford I hope Ronaldo stays • Nev: Title race isn't over - Dias injury boosts Liverpool's chances • Injury crisis for Man City as Dias, Stones & Walker 'out for rest of season' • Arteta: Spurs clash can be 'defining moment' - Marsch: Leeds need to regroup • Miami Grand Prix recap: Verstappen wins, Russell beats Hamilton • Video • Latest News Player ratings Watford: Foster (5), Femenia (5), Kabasele (6), Samir (5), Kamara (5), Louza (6), Sarr (5), Sissoko (6), Kucka (6), Hernandez (5), Joao Pedro (6).
Subs: Dennis (5), Kayembe (5), King (n/a). Leeds: Meslier (6), Ayling (6), Llorente (6), Cooper (7), Koch (6), Dallas (6), Klich (6), Harrison (7), Raphinha (7), Rodrigo (7), James (6). Subs: Phillips (5), Summerville (n/a), Greenwood (6). Man of the Match: Liam Cooper Image: Raphinha scores for Leeds against Watford Watford have long been in must-win territory but Everton's victory over Manchester United on Saturday lunchtime, which left the Hornets six points from safety before a ball had been kicked, only heightened the need for a first home league win since November.
Imran Louza came closest to giving the hosts the start they craved when he curled a free-kick inches wide on the quarter-hour mark but, just as Watford looked to be building momentum, it evaporated when Raphinha rifled his 10th Premier League goal of the season off Ben Foster's near post to give Leeds the lead. Team news • Watford were unchanged from Saturdayâ€™s spirited 2-0 defeat at Liverpool.
• Robin Koch replaced Adam Forshaw in Leeds Unitedâ€™s only change from Saturdayâ€™s 1-1 draw with Southampton. Watford penned Leeds back after the break but lacked the attacking quality to punish the visitors, with Ismaila Sarr firing the hosts' best opportunity over on the hour, and the Hornets' failure to lay on glove on Leeds soon came back to haunt them.
A routine long ball up field forced a defensive mistake from Kamara and Samir, ricocheting the ball into the path of Rodrigo, who held his nerve to round Foster and slot home the second. And, with Watford advancing up the field, the game was put to bed leeds vs watford emphatic fashion five minutes from time when Harrison hammered home a third to add gloss to a victory which leaves Leeds all-but safe and edges Hodgson's men closer to the drop. Watford winless run continues - Opta stats • Watford are the first side to lose nine consecutive home matches in the Premier League since Wolves between January and April in 2012, while the only previous time they had lost nine home league games in a row was between December 1971 and March 1972.
• Since returning to the Premier League last season, Leeds United have picked up 25 points in their eight Premier League matches against promoted clubs (W8 D1), with their 2.8 points per game average the highest of any side in such matches in that time.
• Leeds averaged 0.9 points-per-game under Marcelo Bielsa this season (23 from 26 games), but are averaging 1.7 points-per-game under Jesse Marsch (10 from 6 games). • Watford have lost 12 home league matches in a single season for the first time in their history.
Marsch: Momentum with Leeds Leeds head coach Jesse Marsch: "I'm really excited that we were able to emerge from a tough moment and important game. The points are massive for us. "There is confidence and momentum in the group. After six weeks we can see the form of the players, and the overall mentality of the group, has grown so much. That has really helped us get to where we are right now. "For the most part I felt we contained them pretty well. We're not quite there yet, but to get a clean sheet, score three goals, and get a massive result is really important for us." Watford 0-3 Leeds - Jesse Marsch post match interview.
Hodgson: Second goal was a killer Watford boss Roy Hodgson: "It's frustrating, we wanted it so badly. The second goal was a real leeds vs watford blow in a period of the game where I thought we were doing fairly well.
"The last thing you want, when you are in the situation, we find ourselves in, is for things to go so badly against like they did in that situation.
It's not what you want to see as a coach. "We have to do is find a way to put this game and this result - which I thought was very harsh - behind us and make certain it doesn't affect us too deeply with seven games to go.
"We have no reason to be confident. We do have reason to believe, to have faith, to think that we aren't that bad, and results are still a distinct possibility for us. We will keep doing that, that's for sure." Watford v Leeds - Roy Hodgson post-match interview. What's next for Leeds? Leeds are not back in action in the Premier League until April 25, when they travel to Crystal Palace; kick-off 8pm.
Watford's remaining fixtures April 16 - Brentford (h) April 23 - Man City (a) April 30 - Burnley (h) May 7 - Crystal Palace (a) May 10 - Everton (h) May 15 - Leicester (h) May 22 - Chelsea leeds vs watford