• 56 Metascore • 2014 • 1 hr 37 mins • Drama, Fantasy, Action & Adventure • PG • Watchlist Maleficent transforms from virtuous to villainous after humans pillage her serene forest kingdom in this magical fantasy inspired by "Sleeping Beauty." She curses the infant daughter of the family who invaded her home, but later discovers that the child possesses the power to restore peace to the land.
• Sign In • My Account • Account Settings • Sign Streaming maleficent 1 • Disney.com • Disney+ • Home • Disney+ Originals • The Disney Bundle • Parks & Travel • Home • Walt Disney World • Walt Disney World • Disneyland • Disney Cruise Line • Aulani • All Parks & Travel • Movies • Home • Movies Anywhere • All Movies • Disney Movie Insiders • 20th Century Studios • Shop • Sale • Clothes • Streaming maleficent 1 • Toys • Shop All • Disney News • D23 • Live Shows • Home • Disney on Broadway • Disney on Ice • Disney Live!
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Live Action Explore the untold story of Disney’s most iconic villain in this wickedly fun twist on the classic Sleeping Beauty. In an unforgiving mood after a neighboring kingdom threatens her forest, Maleficent (Angelina Jolie) places an irrevocable curse on the king’s newborn daughter, the Princess Aurora.
But as the child grows, Maleficent finds herself becoming fond of the girl. And as the conflict between the two realms intensifies, Maleficent realizes that Aurora may hold the key to peace in the land.
Journey beyond the fairy tale in this soaring adventure that is “visually arresting, brilliantly designed” (Andrew Barker, Variety). Maleficent benevolently protects her home—the forest kingdom over which she presides—and all the creatures that dwell there, but a harsh betrayal turns Maleficent’s pure heart stone cold. Driven by relentless revenge and a fierce passion to protect her land from invaders, the now vindictive and ruthless Maleficent places an irrevocable curse on the human king’s newborn baby, Aurora.
Fairy tales always streaming maleficent 1 it clear streaming maleficent 1 there is a good side and a bad side.
Growing up, we always hated and feared the villains in fairy tales who were out to harm the beloved heroes and heroines. However, ‘Maleficent’ offers a fresh perspective into this way of thought.
It is a dark fantasy movie starring Angelina Jolie. The film is loosely inspired by Charles Streaming maleficent 1 fairy tale, ‘Sleeping Beauty’. It is also inspired by the Disney movie of the same name.
As we said, ‘Maleficent’ explores the eponymous antagonist but instead of portraying her as a straightforward villainous person, we see how she is in a conflicted relationship with the princess and the king of a corrupt kingdom. Upon release, the movie became a commercial and critical success, with people praising the performances, visuals, costumes as well as the musical score. Naturally, now you must be wondering where you can stream the movie, and we are here to tell you that; but first, let us walk you through the plot of the film.
What is Maleficent About? At the beginning of the movie, we are introduced to Maleficent, a powerful fairy who lives in the Moors, a magical forest near a kingdom. When she is a young girl, Maleficent meets Stefan, a young peasant boy. However, Stefan’s love for her is not more than his ambition and with the passage of time, the two grow apart.
Maleficent becomes the protector of the Moors. When King Henry tries to conquer the Moors, Maleficent mortally wounds him, forcing him to retreat. As he streaming maleficent 1 dying, he declares that whoever kills Maleficent will become the next king and will marry his daughter. The ever-ambitious Stefan steps up to the task. He has the added advantage of being close to Maleficent.
He goes to the Moors and drugs her, but cannot bring himself to streaming maleficent 1 her. Instead, he cuts off her wings, which is lethal for fairies. Maleficent, on the other hand, is hurt by the betrayal. Thus, when Stefan has his own daughter, Aurora, she shows up uninvited and curses the girl that she will prick her finger on a sewing machine at the age of 16 and fall into a deep sleep that can only be broken by true love’s kiss. Maleficent also turns the Moors into a dark and dangerous place, hiring a shapeshifter as her spy and servant.
Stefan, meanwhile, is afraid of Maleficent’s curse and sends Aurora to live with three pixies until after her 16th birthday. He takes the opportunity to destroy all sewing machines and keeps them in the castle’s dungeon. In fact, his paranoia increases so much that he even neglects his wife on the deathbed. He even tries to send armies to kill Maleficent, but she is smart enough to turn the Moors impenetrable to prevent it from happening.
Although Maleficent initially hates Aurora, she gradually begins to take a liking for her and when the pixies cannot look after her, Maleficent steps in. She watches over the girl, prompting her to consider Maleficent as her fairy godmother. This causes Maleficent to try and undo her own curse, but she is unsuccessful. Aurora happens to meet a young prince and the two are attracted to each other.
Aurora also tells Maleficent that she would like to live with her, but the pixies tell her the truth about the curse, leading Aurora to feel betrayed that Maleficent streaming maleficent 1 not tell her about it.
She returns to her father who locks her in a room for her own safety. However, the power of the curse draws Aurora to a magically reassembled sewing machine, where she pricks her finger and falls asleep.
Maleficent arrives with the prince, trying to undo the curse. The prince’s kiss is not enough but when Maleficent kisses Aurora on her forehead, the motherly instincts behind the kiss constitute true love and Aurora wakes up. While Maleficent is attempting to streaming maleficent 1 the castle, Stefan traps her in an iron net. She tries to get the shapeshifter to fight the guards as a dragon, and free her but is not successful. Aurora frees Maleficent’s wings, which reattach themselves to her.
In an epic confrontation with Stefan, the latter falls to his death, while Maleficent flies away. At the end of the movie, we see that she has restored the Moors to its former glory while Aurora rules the kingdom with the prince by her side.
Streaming maleficent 1 Maleficent on Netflix? Netflix has an excellent collection of movies and television shows that sets the platform apart as a premier content provider.
While ‘Maleficent’ is not on the platform, you can check out ‘ Once Upon a Time‘, where all the recognizable characters from fairy tales seem to live in the real world and adventures arise from their interactions with other people. Is Maleficent on Hulu? Hulu has a wonderful collection of movies and television shows that the platform keeps making smart additions to in order to stay ahead of the competition and to cater to a wide range of viewers.
While ‘Maleficent’ is not on the platform, you can check out ‘ Shrek‘, which tells the story of an ogre who must save a princess. It is somewhat of a fairy tale in its own right. Is Maleficent on Disney Plus?
The House of Mouse is bent on hosting all content under one umbrella. Thus, Disney Plus has ‘Maleficent’ available for streaming. Check it out here. Is Maleficent on Amazon Prime? Amazon Prime has an enviable collection of movies and television shows that can perhaps only be bested by Netflix. While Prime subscribers cannot stream ‘Maleficent’ as is, you can acquire the movie and watch it on the platform.
Check it out streaming maleficent 1. Where Can I Stream Maleficent Online? If you do not have subscriptions to major platforms, you can still stream ‘Maleficent’. Check it out on YouTube or Vudu, where the movie can be acquired and then streamed. Notably, Vudu offers an ultra HD version.
Can I Stream Maleficent Online For Free? Disney Plus does offer a free trial period, which means that you can stream and watch ‘Maleficent’ on the platform. However, we urge you to pay for the art you consume. Read More in Movie Guides: Frozen - Inside Out Discover What’s Streaming On: • Acorn TV • Amazon Prime Video • AMC+ • Apple TV+ • BritBox • discovery+ • Disney+ • ESPN • Fox Nation • FOX NOW • fuboTV • FXNOW • Google Play • HBO Max • Hulu • iTunes • Netflix • Paramount+ • PBS • Peacock • Philo • Pluto TV • Showtime • Shudder • Sling TV • Starz • Sundance Now • Tubi • Vudu • YouTube Genres • Romance • Comedy • Drama • Documentary/Reality • Music • Children's/Family • Best Mother's Day Movies to Stream In 2022 • ‘Along For The Ride’ Proves Netflix Is the Perfect Home for Sarah Dessen Books • 'The Blue Lagoon' Was Highly Scandalous In The '80s — And Even More So Now!
• Stream It Or Skip It: 'Along for the Ride' on Netflix, a Late-Teens Rom-Dram Boasting a Winning Performance by Newcomer Emma Pasarow • Best Mother's Day Movies to Stream In 2022 • Tom Sizemore Talks 'Barbee Rehab,' Working With Kathryn Bigelow, And Hanging Out With Princess Diana • Stream It Or Skip It: 'The Pentaverate' On Netflix, Where Mike Myers Is Once Again Playing Multiple Characters • Stream It Or Skip It: 'Chris Distefano: Speshy Weshy' On Netflix, Joking As Though Only YouTube Fans Were Watching • Best Mother's Day Movies to Stream In 2022 • Stream It Or Skip It: 'Dear Evan Hansen' on HBO Max, a Woeful Misfire of a Broadway Adaptation • 'Better Call Saul': Saul Goodman's Mythical Office Comes to Life in This Exclusive Clip • Stream It Or Skip It: 'Clark' On Netflix, A Streaming maleficent 1 Series About The Crazy Life Of Notorious Bank Robber Clark Olofsson • Stream It Streaming maleficent 1 Skip It: 'Jane by Charlotte' on VOD, a Disarmingly Intimate Mother-Daughter Documentary • Stream It Or Skip It: 'Spring Awakening: Those You’ve Known' on HBO Max, in Which Lea Michele and Jonathan Groff Streaming maleficent 1 About Their Formative Broadway Years • Stream It Or Skip It: 'Meltdown: Three Mile Island' On Netflix, A Docuseries About The 1979 Accident At The Infamous Nuclear Power Plant • Lea Michele “Still Pissed” She Wasn’t Nominated for a Tony, and 4 More Takeaways from the ‘Spring Awakening’ Doc • Stream It Or Skip It: 'Like a Rolling Stone: The Life and Times of Ben Fong-Torres' on Netflix, a Fascinating Doc About One of Rock Journalism's True Greats • Stream It Or Skip It: 'Sheryl' on Showtime, A Doc Looking Back On Sheryl Crow’s Career Highs And Life Lows • 'Randy Travis: More Life' Is A Testament To Country Singer’s Talent And Ongoing Health Struggles • 'Sheryl' Director Amy Scott Discusses Her New Documentary On Rock N’ Roll Badass Sheryl Crow • Best Mother's Day Movies to Stream In 2022 • Stream It Or Skip It: 'Marmaduke' on Netflix, Miserable Kiddie Fodder Featuring Pete Davidson As The Voice of a Troublemaking Dog • What Time Will ‘Marmaduke’ Be on Netflix?
How to Watch the Pete Davidson Movie • 16 Movies To Watch During Asian-American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month Decider Picks • Ozark • The Real World Homecoming: New Orleans • Under the Banner of Heaven • Selling Sunset • We Own This City • The View • Stream It Or Skip It: 'Blood Sisters' On Netflix, A Nigerian Thriller Where Two Close Friends Try To Escape After A Wealthy Groom Goes Missing • What Is the SDN List in 'Ozark' Season 4, Part 2? • 'Ozark' Series Finale Recap: The Way of the World • 'Ozark' Ends with One Big, Painful Death • 'The Real World Homecoming: New Orleans' Episode 3 Recap: "Outta Bounds Part 2" • 'The Real World Homecoming: New Orleans' Episode 2 Recap: "Outta Bounds Part 1" • 'The Real World Homecoming: New Orleans' Episode 1 Recap: "The Real 7" • 'Under the Banner of Heaven' Episode 3 Recap: Prisoners of Faith • 'Under The Banner Of Heaven' Is A True Story: Read Jon Krakauer's Book • Daisy Edgar-Jones Explains How She Brought Brenda Wright Lafferty to Life in 'Under the Banner of Heaven' • 'Under the Banner of Heaven' Episode 2 Recap: True Believers • 'Selling Sunset' Boss Says Christine Quinn No Longer Has a Place at the Oppenheim Group • Chrishell Stause Confirms She's Dating Non-Binary Rock Star G Flip During 'Selling Sunset' Reunion • Chrishell’s Satin Dress in ‘Selling Sunset’ Is Your Go-To Special Occasion Dress • 'Selling Sunset's' Mary Fitzgerald Accuses Christine Quinn of Lying about COVID Results • 'We Own This City' Episode 2 Recap: Training Day • 'We Own This City' Episode 1 Recap: The Untouchables • ‘We Own This City’: Jon Bernthal Worked with the Real Cops Who Arrested Wayne Jenkins in Episode 1’s Recreation • Stream It Or Skip It: 'We Own This City' On HBO, Where David Simon Returns To Baltimore To Examine The Rise And Fall Of A Corrupt Police Unit • Sunny Hostin Calls out Lindsey Granger and Ana Navarro During Heated Fight on 'The View': "I Don't Understand Either of You" • Joy Behar Suggests Sex Strike on 'The View' in Response to Leaked Abortion Ruling • Joy Behar Taunts Guest Host Lindsey Granger on 'The View': "You're Living in Sin" • Whoopi Goldberg Snaps Over Guest Host Lindsey Granger on 'The View': "Can You Streaming maleficent 1 My Question?" Bill Maher And Michele Tafoya Debate Abortion Rights on 'Real Time': "I Never Thought Life Itself was Particularly Precious" • This story streaming maleficent 1 been shared 5,945 times.
5,945 Sunny Hostin Calls out Lindsey Granger and Ana Navarro During Heated Fight on 'The View': "I Don't Understand Either of You" • This story has been shared 3,512 times. 3,512 Best Mother's Day Movies to Stream In 2022 • This story has been shared 2,538 times. 2,538 Stream It Or Skip It: 'Welcome To Eden' On Netflix, A Thriller Where Influencers Try To Escape A Cult-Like Compound On A Remote Island • This story has been shared 2,344 times.
2,344 'SNL' Recap: Benedict Cumberbatch, Arcade Fire Make For A Motherless Reunion • This story has been shared 2,052 times.
2,052 'The Blue Lagoon' Was Highly Scandalous In The '80s — And Even More So Now! • This story has been shared 2,004 times. 2,004 'The Staircase' Episode Guide: How Many Episodes Are in HBO Max's Series?
• This story has been shared streaming maleficent 1 times. 1,921 When Will 'Bosch: Legacy' Episode 5 Be on Amazon Freevee?
• Home • Store • Channels • Categories • Top categories • Included with Prime • Amazon Originals • Movies • TV • Kids • Sports • Genres • Action and adventure • Anime • Black voices • Comedy • Documentary • Drama • Fantasy • Foreign • Horror • LGBTQ • Military and war • Musicals • Mystery and thriller • Romance • Science fiction • Coming of age • Other categories • New Releases • Award winners • Audio descriptions • Featured deals • Watch Party • My Streaming maleficent 1 • Deals • Settings • Getting Started • Help Supporting actors Sam RileyImelda StauntonJuno TempleLesley ManvilleBrenton Thwaitesmoreâ€¦ Kenneth CranhamSarah FlindHannah NewIsobelle MolloyMichael HigginsElla PurnellJackson BewsAngus WrightOliver MaltmanGary CargillJohn Oâ€™TooleHarry AttwellAnthony MayJames HicksStephan ChaseMark CavenChris LeaneyJamie MaclachlanShaun SmithVivienne Jolie-PittEleanor Worthington-CoxJohn MacmillanTim TreloarPeter G.
ReedMarama CorlettLiam McKennaSteven Cree Producers Joe Roth Studio Walt Disney Pictures Rating PG (Parental Guidance Suggested) Purchase rights Stream instantly Details Format Prime Video (streaming online video) Devices Available to watch on supported devices I bought this DVD sight-unseen on the strength of the reviews.
I wasn't disappointed. Angelina Jolie is wonderful as Maleficent. Elle Fanning is absolutely charming as Aurora. Someone may have already mentioned this, but one of the younger versions of Aurora is played by one of Angelina's children. I've been a fan of Sharlto Copley ever since I saw him in District 9. I must say, however, that I prefer him playing more sympathetic roles.
I'd never even heard of Sam Riley. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed his performance as Diaval. Being turned into other creatures so often can't be easy. The music, by James Newton Howard, is sublime. I usually gripe about too much CGI being used, but without it, I don't think Maleficent could have been made. The amount in this movie never bothered me. Maleficent transports me into its world and enables me to forget about what's happening in the real world for awhile. I love movies that do that.
Recommended. 55 people found this helpful In all honesty, I had avoided watching this movie for years, thinking it was going to be a cheesy storyline. I watched it quite by accident over the Halloween season on tv, and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The effects are beautiful, the story is an streaming maleficent 1 twist on a classic without being hokey. And it was unexpectedly touching. I of course had to buy a copy for myself. I would highly recommend this movie, watch it with your daughter.
35 people found this helpful I got about 3/4 of the way through before I couldn't handle the terrible, terrible writing and acting anymore. Jolie is just seriously bad in this and a lot of it has to do with the dialogue and directing which is flat, sparse, and sometimes very oddly written.
The "story" (if you can call it that) plods along with almost no stakes and the animated creatures skitter about in the background, completely pointless and badly animated. The re-imagined story could have been a great opportunity to really dig into a villain's character, but this was truly a failure at every turn.
I regret the 2.99 I paid. I don't even think a kid would be able to sit through it without getting bored. 23 people found this helpful I have enjoyed the live-action renditions of the Disney classics, and this one takes a twist on the story and puts it in the perspective of the villain herself. Although if it's not the story you recall seeing, it definitely holds its own with storytelling.
Maleficent is the "Wicked" of Disney movies, where we see the actions and reasons for why she became evil, and also the redemption arc that is not present in the original film "Sleeping Beauty." I truly enjoy this change, but for fans of the longtime film it may come as a shock to see the changes made to the tale. Aurora is now in the film for much longer, Stefan is an evil king, and the three good fairies are very different than the previous in terms of their actions.
Some of the moments from the original are in there, but rushed and short. The main focus is on Maleficent, and her story arc. However, for fans of the original, this can also open up more to things we didn't know before about Maleficent.
I highly recommend this to any Disney fan, however I also advise that they brace for the changes in the story. 44 people found this helpful Beautiful, well-made retelling of the Sleeping Beauty story. Streaming maleficent 1 Jolie has her coolest role in a long time, avoiding the scenery-chewing habit of most fantasy-storybook movies.
Elle Fanning doesn't have a whole lot to do except look pretty & happy, but she makes a wonderful princess. Some of the characters aren't very well fleshed-out (e.g. the king), but for the most part everyone plays their parts well. The scenery & environments are top-notch, looking fantastical but not reeking too badly of the overly-CGI syndrome that most movies today have.
This film also has one of the better dragons I've seen, as far as having that specific 'dragon' quality from fairy tales that you expect (something I find missing in the dragons on "Game of Thrones", for example). I bought the Blu-Ray/DVD 2-disc set first, then saw the various complaints about it being an edited version from what was shown in theaters. I bought this "Theatrical" digital copy hoping to get the unedited version, but they are identical.
If there is an unedited version for sale, I haven't found it. Most people will never miss what was edited out (I'm just a compulsive completist), so as far as watching the movie is concerned, this version works just as well streaming maleficent 1 the Blu-Ray.which is to say, just great.
49 people found this helpful The 3D is excellent, with good protrusion out of the screen when appropriate, long depth into the screen, and fine resolution between the 3D characters and elements. Viewed projected in 3D on a 120" screen with full surround sound, it's an immersive experience that's quite enchanting.
For 3D blu ray collectors such as myself, this disc (and its even better creature-animated sequel) is a must. Bravo! 6 people found this helpful The character and scene art is beautiful with refined style, spectacular scenes and archetypal moments.
Angelina Jolie is like a silver screen actress. Her portrayal is operatic with so few lines and so much emotion unspoken. Beautiful, dark archetype full of love. The heartwrenching expression of betrayal endured by women is authentic. Jolie's resurrection is beautiful. The crow sidekick relationship is witty, iconic, and searching. Original score is awesome. Dark emotions are awesome. I consider this film a great work of art despite a limp ending that doesn't do the rest of the film justice.
While I sometimes wish this movie could be a more complete masterpiece, I love and appreciate it for what it is and it has moments of standout excellence. The theme and feminist twist alone make it important. I can watch it again and again and love the empowering resurrection message and women's spirituality encompassed in the story.
4 people found this helpful The tale must have come from dark times. It is a dark tale. It is all about women controlling other women. Talk about depressing.
About a woman (Maleficent) trying to erase the childâ€™s (Auroraâ€™s) mother, cursing the child to make it live in misery forever, then binding the child to herself through manipulation of the curse she made in the first place. Streaming maleficent 1, Maleficent is more evil streaming maleficent 1 dark. Then she kills the childâ€™s dad, probably to then pretend she is the childâ€™s mother and take the throne from its rightful heir. Left out that true ending.
5 people found this helpful Amazon Music Stream millions of songs Amazon Advertising Find, attract, and engage streaming maleficent 1 Amazon Drive Cloud storage from Amazon 6pm Score deals on fashion brands AbeBooks Books, art & collectibles ACX Audiobook Publishing Made Easy Alexa Actionable Analytics for the Web Sell on Amazon Start a Selling Account Amazon Business Everything For Your Business AmazonGlobal Ship Orders Internationally Home Services Experienced Pros Happiness Guarantee Amazon Ignite Sell your original Digital Educational Resources Amazon Web Services Scalable Cloud Computing Services Audible Listen to Books & Original Audio Performances Book Depository Books With Free Delivery Worldwide Box Office Mojo Find Movie Box Office Data ComiXology Thousands of Digital Comics DPReview Digital Photography Fabric Sewing, Quilting & Knitting Goodreads Book reviews & recommendations IMDb Movies, TV & Celebrities IMDbPro Get Info Entertainment Professionals Need Kindle Direct Publishing Indie Digital & Print Publishing Made Easy Prime Video Direct Video Distribution Made Easy Shopbop Designer Fashion Brands Woot!
Deals and Shenanigans Zappos Shoes & Clothing Ring Smart Home Security Systems eero WiFi Stream 4K Video in Every Room Blink Smart Security for Every Home Neighbors App Real-Time Crime & Safety Alerts Amazon Subscription Boxes Top subscription boxes â€“ right to your door PillPack Pharmacy Simplified
A beautiful, pure-hearted young woman, Maleficent has an idyllic life growing up in a peaceable forest kingdom, until one day when an invading army threatens the harmony of the land.
Maleficent rises to be the land’s fiercest protector, but she ultimately suffers a ruthless betrayal – an act that begins to turn her heart into stone. Bent on revenge, Maleficent faces an epic battle with the invading King’s successor and, as a result, places a curse upon his newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Maleficent realizes that Aurora holds the key to peace in the kingdom – and to Maleficent’s true happiness as well.
• Only valid for new Hulu Live TV subscribers. • Only valid once per household. • You must pay and maintain service for at least one month to be eligible.
• You must click from The Streamable and complete your purchase on the Hulu Live TV website. • You’ll receive gift card 4-6 weeks after purchase (~2 weeks after your first month). • Cannot be combined with any other promotion and won’t be eligible if you try to use a coupon code or cash back from another site.
Offer Terms • Only valid for new DIRECTV STREAM subscribers. • Only valid once per household. • You must pay and maintain service for at least one month to be eligible. • Purchase must be completed on the DIRECTV STREAM website. • You’ll receive gift card 4-6 weeks after purchase (~2 weeks after your first month).
• Cannot be combined with any other promotion and won’t be eligible if you try to use a coupon code or cash back from another site. Offer Terms • Only valid for new Sling TV subscribers to Sling Orange, Blue, or Sling Orange + Blue. • Only valid once per household.
• You must pay and maintain service for at least one month to be eligible. • You must click from The Streamable and complete your purchase on the Sling TV website. • You’ll receive gift card 4-6 weeks after purchase (~2 weeks after your first month).
• Cannot be combined with streaming maleficent 1 other promotion and won’t be eligible if you try to use a coupon code or cash back from another site. Offer Terms • Only valid for new Hulu Live TV subscribers. • Only valid once per household. • You must pay and maintain service for at least one month to be eligible. • You must click from The Streamable and complete your purchase on the Hulu Live TV website. • You’ll receive gift card 4-6 weeks after purchase (~2 weeks after your first month).
• Cannot be combined with any other promotion and streaming maleficent 1 be eligible if you try to use a coupon code or cash back from another site.Maleficent explores the untold story of Disney’s most iconic villain from the classic Sleeping Beauty.and the elements of her betrayal that ultimately turn her pure heart to stone. Driven by revenge and a fierce desire to protect the moors over which she presides, Maleficent cruelly places an irrevocable curse upon the human king’s newborn infant Aurora.
As the child grows, Aurora is caught in the middle of the seething conflict between the forest kingdom she has grown to love and the human kingdom that holds her legacy. When Maleficent realizes that Aurora may hold the key to peace in the land, she is forced to take drastic actions that will change both worlds forever.