Miss A Fandom Name: Say A Miss A Official Fan Color: – Miss A Official Accounts: Twitter: @jypemissa Official Website: missa.jype Miss A Members Profile: Fei Stage Name: Fei (페이) Birth Name: Wang Fei Fei (王霏霏) Position: Main Vocalist Nationality: Chinese Birthday: April 27, 1987 Zodiac Sign: Taurus Height: 164 cm (5’4’’) Weight: 46 kg (102 lbs) Blood Type: B Twitter: @missA_fei Instagram: @ff0427 Fei facts: – She was born in Haikou, Hainan, China – She has a younger brother – She can speak Chinese, Cantonese, Korean and a bit of English.
– She is known for her exotic face, her perfect body proportion and her charismatic eyes. – Fei was scouted on her way to the dance school in Guang Zhou. – Fei’s favorite color is red. – She cooks well. min miss a Her hobby is shopping. – She collects body mists and hats. – She is currently a soloist.
– Fei’s ideal type: Fei chose the Chinese actor, singer, and model Huang Xiao Ming as her ideal type Show more Fei fun facts… Suzy Stage Name: Suzy (수지) Birth Name: Bae Su Ji (배수지) Position: Lead Vocalist, Sub-Rapper, Visual, Face of The Group, Maknae Nationality: Korean Birthday: October 10, 1994 Min miss a Sign: Libra Height: 168 cm (5’6″) Weight: 47 kg (103 lbs) Blood Type: AB Twitter: @Suzy Instagram: @skuukzky Suzy facts: – She was born in Gwangju, South Korea – She has one older sister, younger brother Sangmoon – She is known for her natural beauty and her smile.
– Before debuting, she was an online shopping model. – Suzy was spotted while auditioning for Superstar K, a TV talent show where was asked to join JYP Entertainment. – She can speak Korean and Chinese – Suzy’s favorite color is pink.
– She appeared in a lot of CFs, she’s considered one of the ‘CF Queens’ in South Korea. – According to We Share! Fakta Kpop, Suzy was chosen 1st on “The 100 most beautiful faces of Kpop 2017”. – Suzy is also a popular actress. – Her contract with JYP Ent.
expired on March 31, 2019. – On April 7, 2019 she signed with Management SOOP. – Suzy’s ideal type: Suzy revealed Kang Dong Won is her ideal type.
Show more fun facts about Suzy… Former Members: Min Stage Name: Min (민) Birth Name: Lee Min Young (이민영) Position: Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Lead Rapper Nationality: Korean Birthday: June 21, 1991 Zodiac Sign: Gemini Height: 161 cm (5’3″) Weight: 45 kg (99 lbs) Blood Type: A Twitter: @thereal2min0 Instagram: @therealminnn Min facts: – She was born in Seoul, South Korea.
– She doesn’t have siblings. – She can speak Korean, English, and Mandarin. – Min’s favorite color is pink. – She loves pasta and ramen. – Min attended one of the best dance schools in Korea. – She stayed in the U.S for 6 years during her training days and speaks English fluently. – She studied at the Repertory Company High School in Manhattan. – Min was min miss a only member who didn’t stay in the dorm with the other girls, she stayed with her grandma who lives nearby.
– On 9 November 2017, it was announced that Min left JYP Ent. and Miss A. – Min’s ideal type: miss A’s Min answered that that her ideal type someone who is over 165cm Show more Min fun facts… Jia Stage Name: Jia (지아) Korean Name: Mong Ji Ah (멍지아) Chinese Birth Name: Meng Jia (孟佳) Position: Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist Nationality: Chinese Birthday: February 3, 1989 Zodiac Sign: Aquarius Height: 164 cm (5’4”) Weight: 45 kg (99 lbs) Blood Type: O Instagram:: @mjbaby0203 Twitter: @Mengjia0203 Jia facts: – She was born in Changsha, Hunan, China.
– She doesn’t have siblings. – She can speak Chinese, Korean and min miss a bit of English. – Jia is known for her flexibility and her fierce stage presence. – Jia learned body bending when she was in China. – Jia’s nickname is “Pole” because she is thin and has slender thighs. – Jia has a piercing on her belly button. – She loves dolls and girly things – Jia was selected to join JYP Entertainment by an audition held at her dance school. – She left JYP Entertainment in May 2016 – In November 2016 she debuted as a solo singer in China.
– Jia’s ideal type: Jia chose Chinese actor and singer Li Yi Feng as her ideal type Show more Jia fun facts… Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web.
If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com (Special thanks to Yanti, Tis, beatriz, Kpop’ s Jams, BaekL, Reilly ♡, Rizumu, Diether Espedes Tario II, Forever_kpop___, jieunsdior for providing additional info.) Comments • Name:민 /Min • Real name: 이민영/Lee Min Young • Chinese Name: 李民營/ Li Min Ying • Nicknames: Baby face, Glamorous body, Kkap Min, Dancing Queen • Profession: Singer, Dancer, Rapper, Actress and MC • Date of birth: 21-June-1991 (30 Years) • Place of birth: Min miss a, South Korea.
• Height: 161cm • Ex-K-Pop Group: Miss A (2010-2017) • Position: Vocalist, Rapper and Dancer. • Project Group: Triple T • Education: Repertory Company High School (in Manhattan USA) USA).
• Specialties: She is good at all types of dance, especially Pop pin and Hip-Hop. • Languages: Korean (Mother Tongue), English, Spanish (basic) and Mandarin (basic). • Fanclub: M&M’s. • Weight: 49kg • Blood type: A • Star sign: Gemini • Chinese zodiac sign: Goat • Family: Father and Grandmother • Agency: Min miss a Taekwondo Entertainment Dramas • L.U.V Collage (2015) • Dream Knight (Youku Tudou, 2015) • Min miss a Family (MBC every2, 2012) • Dream High 2 (KBS2, 2012) Cameo ep.
15 • Dream High (KBS2, 2011,) Cameo ep, 16 Themes for Dramas • Let It Bleed (with ABOUT) theme for Bite Sisters (2021) • Living Like a Fool theme for Bachelor’s Vegetable Store (2012) Films • Touch Korea (2012) • Countdown (2011) • Annyeong (2011, interactive film) Musical • 2017: Boys Over Flowers TV Shows • 2015: SBS Star King (25/04/15, with Jia) • 2015: MBC King of Mask Singer • 2015: KStyle TV (02/01/15, as MC) Tercera temp.
• 2014: MBC Good Person (13/09/14) • 2014: IGOT7★ • 2014: Countdown Vocal War 100 Seconds Before (20/06/14) • 2014: Global We Got Married 2 (cameo ep. 12 with Shin Won Ho) • 2014: Happy Together (19/02/14) • 2013: All The KPOP (16/07/13, with Fei) • 2013: All The KPOP (09/07/13, with Fei) • 2013: SBS Challenge 1000 Songs (30/06/13, with Fei) • 2013: Zhejiand TV China’s Dream Show: Dream Ceremony (21/06/13, with Fei and Jia) • 2013: TVN 3 idiots Ep 35 (02/06/13) min miss a 2013: We Got Married World Edition (19/05/13, ep 7 with Jia) • 2013: JTBC Miracle Korea (12/04/13) • 2013: All The K-pop (09/04/13, as SPECIAL MC) • 2013: All The K-pop (02/04/13, as SPECIAL MC) • 2013: MBC Every1’s ‘ Reckless Family 2 (22/01/13-21/05/13) • 2012: Music Triangle (12/12/12 with Jia) • 2012: Quiz to Change the World (01/12/12 with Suzy) • 2012: Dancing Golden Mic (14/11/12 with Fei and Jia ) • 2012: Show!
Music Core (10/11/12 as special presenter) • 2012: Touch Korea Tour with 2PM & Miss A ! • 2012: Asian Star Show (08/09/12 as host) • 2012: Asian Show Star (25/07/12 as host) • 2012: @ Show Me the Money (14/07/12) • 2012: @ Beatles Code 2 (22-03-12 with Fei and Jia) • 2012: @ Crisis Escape No. 1 (19-03-12 with Suzy) • 2012: Our Sunday Night (16-03-12 with Fei and Suzy) • 2012: Strong Heart (12/02/12 with Suzy) • 2012: SBS 100 Million Quiz Show (2 episodes) • 2012: The Crown Princess Project • 2011: Happy Together (22/09/11) • 2011: Korean Music Wave (15/09/11 as host) • 2011: Oh My School • 2010-2012: Strong Heart • 2010-2011: Star King • 2010: Love Pursuer (10/28/10) • 2010: Bouquet (3 episodes) Radio Programs • Boom’s Young Street (12/07/13, next to Raina, Soohyun and Ara) • Shimshimtapa Radio (2/11/12 with Miss A) • CulTwo Show Radio (1/11/12 with Miss A) • Younha’s Starry Starry Night Radio!
(26/10/12 with Miss A) • MBC FM4U Music Party Radio (23/10/12 with Miss A) • Jeong Seonhee A Night Like Today (23/10/12 with Miss A) • 107.7 Power FM (22/10/12 with Miss A) • Sukira Kiss the Radio (19/10/12 with Miss A) • SBS Radio Cultwo Show min miss a with Miss A) • Boom the Youngstreet (20/03/12 with Miss A) • MBC FM4U Radio (15/03/12 with Miss A) • MBC Radio (06/03/12 with Miss A) • MBC Radio (01/03/12 with Miss A) • Sukira Kiss the Radio (28/02/12 with Miss A) • SHIM SHIM TAPA (31/12/11 with Miss A) • Danny Ahn Music Show (15/04/11 with Jia) Music Videos • Amber Liu – Shake that Brass (feat.
Tae Yeon) (2015) Collaborations • Baro – (Just The) Two Of Us (2012) • G-20 – Let’s Go (2011) • San E – Tasty San (2010) Facts • Before debuting she was working as a dance teacher and as an English teacher for 18 months. • She was scheduled to debut in a JYP Entertainment group along with: Song Ji Eun, Hyolyn and U-JI. However, the plans did not go well and his debut was canceled.
• She lives next to her grandmother, not in Miss A’s bedroom. • Min is part of the 91 line with Key (SHINee), Nam Woo Hyun (INFINITE), So You, Nicole Jung, Jin Woon (2AM), Nana, Jae Jin (FTISLAND), Mir (MBLAQ), among others. • She & Lee Min Hyuk star in Reckless Family 2. • She confessed to being grateful to have been an MC alongside Kris Wu & Taecyeon of 2PM.
• In one of Miss A’s performances when they were dancing and singing their song “Breathe”, her slipper came off, but she didn’t care and continued with the song.
• Despite what many people think, Min has spoken on television about his mother and father, what happens is that since he debuted he lives with his grandmother since she has a house in Seoul and to take care of her health since she is already a middle-aged person. • Ki Kwang first said on a show that he liked Min. The second time was when oh My School’s CMs phoned him, when he was invited to the show. He mentioned that he was starting to like Hyosung from Secret, but when Miss A made her comeback with “I Don’t Need a Man” she started liking Min again “as she looked better”.
• Jia said on We Got Married that Min and Lee Min Hyuk (who was Min’s co-star in Reckless Family 2) had gone on a date in real life causing the two to get nervous. • Min first min miss a on her twitter something in Spanish, causing her (Spanish-language) fans to feel very happy, even some taught Min to write in Spanish and she very gratefully retweeted several of them.
• She is one of the most prepared idols given that she was training 8 years before her debut. • At the 2013 Inkigayo Awards she was accidentally beaten by a dancer. But she followed up with the presentation showing her professionalism. • Amber the nominee for “ALS Ice Min miss a Challenge” • On August 25 he debuted on the program M! Countdown with Jo Kwon (JYP Entertainment) and Hyo Yeon (SM Entertainment) in the group project Triple T to promote the single “Born To Be Wild”, which is part of SM Station • On November 7, 2016, it was confirmed that the singer was in a romantic relationship with rapper G.Soul.
They were both from the same company so they became very good friends before they started developing feelings for each other.
• On March 8, 2017, his breakup with G.Soul was confirmed. • On November 9, 2017, a source from JYP Entertainment confirmed that although they had discussed a new contract, Min decided not to renew. Links • YouTube channel (personal) • Profile (nate) • Profile (naver) • Profile (Daum) • Instagram • Twitter • Official Weibo Site • Official me2day site • Official Cyworld Site
Breaking News • First teasers min miss a the new historical K-drama “Alchemy of Souls” draw mixed reactions over questionable styling and CGI • Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin were seen going to a hospital together: Is it related to pregnancy?
• Despite earning 7 nominations, BTS will not attend Billboard Music Awards this year • This star ranks 1st place in the survey of “Best visual star whose photos can all become pictorials” • Besides Kim Tae Ri, this U40 actress also plays a student spectacularly! • “A middle school girl asking a high school boy to have sex with her”… “Our Blues” receives criticism for its setting • “Visual combination” Han So-hee, Cha Eun-woo and Lee Soo-hyuk to become new models for Kakao Page • The reason why Yoo Jae Suk has consistently recommended this female idol to appear on variety shows • 2PM’s Lee Jun Ho – from Bi Rain look-alike to Baeksang’s Best Leading Actor • A JYP boy group announced a comeback after all the members left the company, even changed the logo and social media accounts!
This female idol was “kicked out” by JYP many times when she was a trainee, but fortunately she was still given the opportunity to debut. To have the opportunity to be on the stage, many idols have to be a trainee for a very long time.
That’s a journey of blood, sweat and tears. Recently, Min – former miss A member is the next idol to share about her training process at JYP Entertainment in a conversation with singer eSNA.
Thereby, Suzy‘s former teammate caught the attention when revealing that she had been “fired” by JYP. Min said that she was a trainee under JYP Entertainment for 8 years before debuting. According to the former miss A’s member, she got into JYP by winning first place at Lotte World at the age of 12.
eSNA believes that Min is very fluent in English because JYP let her practice in the US since she was very young. However, the path to becoming a part of miss A was not easy for her. The company has fired her many times. Min said, “I kind of got kicked out a lot at JYP because I was not losing weight. Yeah, they had a problem with my weight, so they were like, ‘We’re going to send you back to Korea to lose that weight”.
It may sound harsh, but weight is one of the most important issues an idol has to pay attention to. In Min’s case, they even brought her home in the hope that the female idol would lose weight. Min explained, “I had to go back to Korea, lose weight, and come back several times.” Then esNA asked her about the moment when she decided to work seriously to become an idol.
This decision of Min made her hesitate a lot. After some time, Min realized that her passion for being an idol was still very strong. She decided to bravely go to J.Y.Park – the head of JYP and ask for a second chance. Min said, “ After that, I went to JYP again and said, ‘Give me one more chance.’ He was like, ‘I’m going to give you one more chance,’ and then I lost mad weight, I was like 45/6 kg. They were like they were preparing this group called Miss A, you would fit right in.”. Min added that JYP kicked her out 3 times in 10 years because of weight issues.
Min’s efforts paid off, she eventually debuted in miss A as the main dancer. She debuted successfully and became one of the most influential groups in the 2nd generation of Kpop idols. However, what she shared also showed the harshness of the Korean entertainment industry. • October 2, 2021 What do Korean Drama ratings mean? The hidden power behind viewership ratings • August 26, 2021 What is left for Kpop idols when their golden era is gone?
• August 6, 2021 What is K-pop like? – The dark side of K-pop • August 5, 2021 What does K-pop stand for? Why is K-pop so popular?
Stage Name: Min (민) Birth Name: Lee Min Young (이민영) Birthday: June 21, 1991 Zodiac Sign: Gemini Height: 161 cm (5’3″) Weight: 45 kg (99 lbs) Blood Type: A Twitter: @thereal2min0 Instagram: @therealminnn Min facts: – Hometown: Seoul, South Korea.
– Min doesn’t have any siblings.
– Min can speak Korean, English, and Mandarin. – Her favorite color is pink. – She adores pasta and ramen. – She attended to one of the best dance schools in Korea.
– During her training days, she stayed in the U.S for 6 min miss a & can speak English fluently. – Education: Repertory Company High School, Manhattan. – In the group, Min was the only member who didn’t stay in the dorm with her group, she stayed with her grandma who lives nearby. – When she was 13, her & Girls Generation‘s Hyoyeon formed a dance duo called Little Winners. – Min’s solo singles were Dance Like This, Go Ahead and Boyfriend.
– Min collaborated with San.E for his debut single ‘Tasty San’. – Min was selected to be a part of the G20 Seoul Summit which was held in November 2010.
– Min made her musical debut with the star role of Tsukushi Makino in 2017 in Boys Over Flowers The Musical. – In September 2016Min made her return to the big screen with the movie Sooni: The Executioner’s Daughter.
– For Miss A’s album, Colors, Min took part writing the lyrics of the songs. – She was part of the collaboration with JYP Nation for “This Christmas”. – She did an OST for “Bachelor’s Vegetable Store OST Part.3” in 2012. – In 2016, she collaborated with Hyoyeon & Jo Kwon for “Born to be Wild” with the group Triple T. – Movies that she starred in were: Countdown (as Jang Hyeonji) & Suni (as Soo-ja). – In 2016, she appeared in Amber Liu’s Shake that Brass MV.
– She acted in “KBS2: ” Dream high” as a Flash Mob dancer (2011), Dream High 2 as herself (2012), Reckless Family season 2 min miss a 2013), “Dream Knight” as Jenny Lee (2015), & “L.U.V College” as Kim Nara (Gateway to Korea 2015). – On 9 November 2017, it was announced that Min left JYP Ent.
and Miss A. – On May 22, 2019, it was revealed that Min had signed an exclusive contract with K-Tigers E&C. – Min’s ideal type: M iss A’s Min answered that that her ideal type someone who is over 165 cm (5’5″) Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web.
If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Min miss a a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com Author: IZ*ONE.48 (Special thanks to: Alexa Mariz, sayA_13)
Lee Min Young, also known by her stage name Min, is a South Korean idol singer and dancer.
She is a member of the Korean girl group "miss A" which is under AQ Entertainment, a JYP Entertainment sub-label. Before debuting with "miss A", Min had some notable recognition in South Korea and some parts of America for being "Lil Jon's protege".
She is considered as JYP's longest trainee having been trained for eight years before debuting.
At a very young age, she had already been exposed to the entertainment industry as she had taken part in "BoBoBo" (The Korean version of Sesame Street). At 13 years old, she and Girls' Generation's member, Hyo Yeon, formed a dance duo called "Little Winners". Min auditioned to be a part of JYP Entertainment when she was in the 6th grade.
After a year of training, she was sent to the U.S. to train some more as she prepared for a U.S. debut.
Min sat down for an interview with singer and composer eSNa, where she opened up about her time as a trainee under JYP Entertainment, whether she keeps in touch with her members, and more!
Min also revealed that she was the last member to join Miss A, and only practiced with them for about a month or so before they made their debut in July 2010. Before Min joined them, Fei, Jia, min miss a Suzy were already a trio that was referred to as Miss A, and had even had pre-debut promotional activities in China. Min miss a, Jia, and Suzy in China - @ Suzyholic’s 3rd Channel/Youtube Min revealed that the members had actually really liked it, and welcomed her warmly as a new member!
As she had been a trainee under JYP Entertainment for around 8 years, with the exception of Suzy, who only trained for 9 months, she already knew fellow trainees Fei and Jia pretty well, and so joined the group seamlessly! They liked it! I knew them. I didn’t know Suzy because she only min miss a for around…maybe 9 months? And I knew about Fei and Jia because they were the Chinese girls who danced really well in Korea. So I knew about them, because I was a trainee as well, and they knew about me too.
And we met once or twice in Korea, so we knew about each other. —Min Your browser does not support video. Min then shared that they didn’t min miss a any trouble whatsoever in the beginning, and debuted to great success with their first-ever song, “Bad Girl Good Girl”!
- JYP EntertainmentContents • 1 Career • 1.1 2016–2017: Solo activities, departure from JYPE • 1.2 2019–2021: New agency and solo debut with "Onion" • 1.3 2022: "Hit Me Min miss a • 2 Discography • 2.1 Digital singles • 2.2 Collaborations • 2.3 Features • 2.4 OSTs • 3 Producing and writing credits • 4 Filmography • 4.1 Dramas • 4.2 Movies • 4.3 Music video appearances • 5 Musical theatre • 6 Min miss a • 7 References • 8 Official links Career 2016–2017: Solo activities, departure from JYPE In September 2016, she made her return to the big screen after six years with the movie Suni.
In January 2017, the cast of the Korean adaptation of Boys Over Flowers The Musical was revealed, with representatives of the production announcing that Min would be making her musical debut with the star role of Tsukushi Makino. On November 8, 2017, JYP Entertainment announced Min's departure from the agency after deciding not to renew her contract.  2019–2021: New agency and solo debut with "Onion" On May 22, 2019, it was revealed that Min had signed an exclusive contract with K-Tigers E&C.
 She made her solo debut on November 8, 2021 with the digital single " Onion". 2022: "Hit Me Up" On April 12, 2022, Min revealed on Instagram that she will be releasing a new single on April 18.  On the next day, the single's name was revealed to be " Hit Me Up".  Discography Digital singles • " Onion" (2021) • " Hit Me Up" (2022) Collaborations • "Let's Go" (as part of Group of 20) (2010) • " This Christmas" (as part of JYP Nation) (2016) • " Born to be Wild" (with Hyoyeon & Jo Kwon) (2016) • " Encore" (as part of " JYP Nation") (2016) • " Rull It Out" (with MRSHLL) (2018) • " Jiryuh" (with AFSHEEN) (2020) Features • San E - " Tasty San" (2010) • Baro - " Just the Two of Us" (2012) • Deepshower - "Marathon" (2018) OSTs • "Bachelor's Vegetable Store OST Part.3" (2012) Producing and writing credits • All credits adapted from KOMCA, unless stated.
 Artist Song Album Type 2015 miss A "Stuck" Colors Writing 2016 G.Soul " Far, Far Away" Writing 2020 Min, AFSHEEN " Jiryuh" Writing 2021 Min " Onion" Writing Composing 2022 Min " Hit Me Up" Composing Filmography Dramas • Dream High (KBS2, 2011) - Flashmob dancer (guest role) • Dream High 2 (KBS2, 2012) - Herself [Ep.15] (guest role) • Reckless Family Season 2 (MBC, 2013) - Herself • Dream Knight (Youku Tudou and JYP Pictures, 2015) - Jenny Lee • L.U.V Collage (Gateway To Korea, 2015) - Kim Na-ra Movies • Countdown (2011) - Jang Hyeon-ji • Suni (2017) - Soo-ja Music video appearances • JYP Nation - " This Christmas" (2010) • Amber - " Shake That Brass" (2015) Musical theatre • Boys Over Flowers The Musical (2017) - Geum Jan-di Gallery • ↑ Yonhap: MissA's Min to leave JYP Entertainment • ↑ Soompi: Former miss A Member Min Signs With New Agency • ↑ (KR) Daum: 미쓰에이 출신 민, 약혼한 줄 알았더니.18일 컴백 • ↑ @therealminnn on Instagram (April 13, 2022) • ↑ KOMCA: Searching Works (search 10009978 under Writers & Publishers) Official links Korean • Instagram • Twitter • YouTube Chinese • Weibo
missdolin.blogspot.com Let’s Follow Min’s Journey After Miss A’s Disbandment Best known by her stage presence, her cute boyish look, and her cheerful attitude, Lee Min-young (born June 21st, 1991), or more familiar by her stage Min was a former member of the top Korean girl group Miss A, until November 2017 when she decided to leave the group to pursue her solo activities as her contract with JYP Entertainment had come to an end.
But, Min was her own person even before she joined Miss A (as she also took part in the duo called Eolleong Ddungddang and a dance duo called Little Winners along with Girls’ Generation’s Hyoyeon when she was barely a teenager) and she continuously paved her own path after Miss A’s disbandment.
Are you curious about what does she up to recently? Find out all the details about her recent journey in this article below! Full Profile allkpop.com Min was born with the name Lee Min Young in Seoul, South Korea min miss a June 21st, 1991. Ever since min miss a was young, she already participated in the show BoBoBo (which was the Korean version of Sesame Street), as part of the duo called Eolleong Ddungddang.
When she was 13 years old, she along with Girls’ Generation’s Hyoyeon formed a dance duo called Little Winners where she showed tremendous talent and passion for singing and dancing. She decided to pursue that passion when she auditioned for JYP Entertainment when she was in the 6th grade. She trained for about a year before she was sent to the U.S. to prepare for a U.S. debut, and studied at the Repertory Company High School for Theater Arts in Manhattan.
Min’s US debut was produced by Park Jin-young himself teamed up with Lil Jon. Her solo singles–“Dance Like This,” “Go Ahead,” and “Boyfriend” —were released from 2007 to 2008. Min’s debut as a solo artist didn’t launch her career as big as her debut in JYP Entertainment’s four-member girl group, Miss A, as part of the four on July 1st, 2010.
The release of Miss A’s debut single, “Bad Girl Good Girl” from their debut EP Bad But Good topped the Korean chart and successfully became their most renowned and successful song to date.
The single even won the Song of the Year Award at the 2010 Mnet Asian Music Awards, a great achievement for the newly debuted group. Ever since that, Min gained an increased reputation with her iconic short-haired look and cheerful attitude.
Before this, Min had a few solo projects outside her group activities. She collaborated with labelmate San E for his debut single “Tasty San” and joined him on his debut stages on various music shows for the month of September. She was also selected to be a part of the G20 Seoul Summit that was held in November 2010 and was chosen to sing with 20 various idols from 2PM, 2AM, Girls’ Generation, BEAST, MBLAQ, and more for its theme song.
In October 2010, she was officially cast as a fixed member of Oh! My School, a South Korean variety show broadcast by KBS until May 2011. She even became famous for her renowned kkab dancing and variety show skills. Min miss a an episode of Oh! My School, Min also shared her personal story with fellow cast members that at one point, she had given up life as a trainee.
She confessed to feeling min miss a from the recurring delays and uncertainties of her U.S. debut and decided to return to South Korea following those reasons. On the big screen, Min made her acting debut in the 2011 South Korean caper film Countdown alongside screen veterans Jung Jae-young and Jeon Do-yeon.
She played the role of Hyeon-ji, the estranged and rebellious young daughter of the charismatic fraudster Cha Ha-yeon (Jeon Do-yeon). She was also involved in the movie production of Sooni: The Executioner’s Daughter, a thrilling mystery film set in a quiet village where an inquisitive detective investigates the motives behind multiple unsolved murders and the presence of a mysterious girl named Sooni.
The film was originally planned to be released in the summer of 2017 but it got delayed until late spring of 2019. Her acting gigs proved her skills when in January 2017, she became one of the cast members of the Korean adaptation Boys Over Flowers The Musical. It was revealed that Min would be making her musical debut with the starring role of Tsukushi Makino. The musical opened on February 24th and had its final curtain call on May 7th at Hongik University Art Center’s Grand Theater in Seoul.
Background Information: Stage Name: Min Birth Name: Lee Min Young Position: Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Rapper Nationality: Korean Date of Birth: June 21st, 1991 Zodiac Sign: Gemini Height: 161 cm (5’3″) Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs) Blood Type: A Twitter: @missA_min Trivia: • She was born in Seoul, South Korea • She doesn’t have siblings • She can speak Korean, English, and Mandarin • Her favorite color is pink • She loves pasta and ramen • She attended one of the best dance schools in Korea • She stayed in the U.S for 6 years during her training days and speaks English fluently • She studied at the Repertory Company High School in Manhattan • She was the only member who didn’t stay in the dorm with the other girls, she stayed with her grandma who lives nearby • She left JYP Entertainment and Miss A in November 2017 • Her ideal type is someone who is over 165 cm tall Ended Contract With JYP Entertainment On Wednesday, November 8th, 2019, Min shook the K-Pop fans when she announced that she would be leaving JYP Entertainmentas her contract term with the Korean label ended.
Min’s decision was confirmed by JYP Entertainment which stated that Min opted out of renewing her contract with the min miss a. Min’s decision followed her groupmate Jia who decided to leave the act to pursue a solo career in China in min miss a.
Min’s 8-year-long career under JYP Entertainment’s Miss A had successfully launched her popularity with Min miss a A’s major hit tracks such as the sassy “Bad Girl Good Girl,” the quirky “Breathe,” the sensual “Touch,” the powerful “I Don’t Need a Man,” and the last hip-hop track “Only U.” Following Min’s and Jia’s departure, the group decided to disband a month later in December 2017.