• Home • Football • Cricket • Formula 1 • Rugby U • Tennis • Golf • Athletics • Cycling • Winter Sports A-Z Sports • American Football • Athletics • Basketball • Boxing • Cricket • Cycling • Darts • Disability Sport • Football • Formula 1 • Gaelic Games • Get Inspired • Golf • Gymnastics • Horse Racing • Mixed Martial Arts • Motorsport • Netball • Olympic Sports • Rugby League • Rugby Union • Snooker • Swimming • Tennis • Winter Sports • Full Sports A-Z "It's fabulous," Southgate told BBC Sport.
"I suppose it's still sinking in that it's another semi-final - three in three years. "We want to go two steps further." • Best action and reaction from England's Euro 2020 last-eight win over Ukraine ukraine vs england England thrash Ukraine to set up first Euros semi-final in 25 years • Ukraine v England: how you rated the players • 'England fans transported to unfamiliar world' • Who stands between England and Euros glory?
England will face Denmark in their semi-final at Wembley next Wednesday.
The winners will play Spain or Italy, who meet in Tuesday's semi-final, also being played at Wembley. The stunning display in Rome gives England their third semi-final at a European Championship, after 1968 and 1996, with the latter also on home soil. It was also their biggest European Championship finals win, and their largest in the knockout stages of a major tournament, and comes after the significant victory over Germany in the last 16.
"It's fabulous for our country - a semi-final at Wembley," continued Southgate. "Everyone can really look forward to that - it's brilliant. "I know what will be happening at home. It's lovely to ukraine vs england everyone on a Saturday night, beer in hand.
They should enjoy it. It's been a long year for everyone. "I'm chuffed the two performances [against Germany and Ukraine] have brought so much happiness to people." 'We need to look after players' England set the tone for Saturday's stellar display with the opener from Harry Kane after just four minutes. They made an even quicker start to the second half as Harry Maguire headed in with just a minute gone.
Kane's second and a first international goal from substitute Jordan Henderson completed the rout. Having made changes to his side throughout the tournament, the latest of which saw Jadon Sancho brought in for his first start, Southgate was also able to bring players off to rest and to protect them from bookings ukraine vs england could have led to suspension for the semi-final. "The players have been fantastic," added Southgate.
"To play as well as they did in a game with so much resting on it was impressive. "We've known we had players ukraine vs england needed to look after physically. We know across seven games, the squad is so important, trying to give people a breather at the right time. "We learned a lot from Russia in that instance. We were trying to balance players with knocks and yellow cards." 'It's where we wanted to be' Captain Kane's two goals came after he broke his tournament duck with his strike against Germany in the last 16, and he was thrilled with the team's display.
"What a great performance in a big game," he told BBC Sport. "We were favourites. There was a lot of pressure and a lot of expectations. The performance was top-drawer.
Another clean sheet, four goals - it was a perfect night for us. "It's where we wanted to be. We set out a vision before the World Cup of what we want to achieve. We are knocking it off step by step. The World Cup was great but we fell short.
We had a good run in the Nations League. We're in another semi-final. "Now it's about getting over the line - the next step that we have got to do on Wednesday.
Prior to his goal against Germany, he had gone four matches without scoring for his country, during which he struggled to make an impact. "It's always nice to score early in a game. It's a great feeling to help the team," he added. "There was a lot of talk about me and my performances. But I'm just ready for the next game and trying to lead this team to the European final." 'This group is not settling for a semi-final' Luke Shaw's assist for Harry Maguire was the first time two Ukraine vs england United players have combined for an England goal at a major tournament since David Beckham assisted Paul Scholes vs Portugal in Euro 2000 Saturday's ukraine vs england also represents another clean sheet for England - their fifth in a row in this tournament.
They have now kept seven consecutive clean sheets for the first time in their history, with the Three Lions run without conceding currently standing at 662 minutes. Defender Maguire, who contributed to England's solidity at one end and in a goalscoring capacity at the other, told BBC Sport: "We have great belief in the dressing room.
"It is hard to soak it up when you have another big game coming and you know who you are playing and when. "The dressing room will be a great atmosphere tonight and then we will wake up tomorrow and be focused again.
This group are not settling for a semi-final, we ukraine vs england to go further." The sentiment was echoed by Henderson, the scorer of the fourth goal. "We can't dwell too long," he said. "We've got a big game on Wednesday and we need to give absolutely everything.
"We have always felt we are continuing to grow as a team and we feel we are ready to take the next step. "Denmark are a tough side so we need to be at our very best if we want to go to the final but hopefully we can do that." In reference to his headed goal - his first in 62 international caps - he added: "It's about time [for me to score].
It's been a long time coming. Thankfully I managed to get on the scoresheet. "I'm just delighted for the lads because the performance was fantastic." View more on twitter 'This is a special moment for me' Borussia Dortmund winger Sancho has featured for just six minutes in the tournament prior to Saturday's game, but impressed in his first start with his skill and drive.
The 21-year-old, who is set to join Manchester United after they agreed a fee of £73m with Dortmund, told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I'm feeling over the moon. Today was must-win and I'm just happy to have got an opportunity to play. This is a special moment for me. "Every time I haven't been playing I've been going back to training and been giving it everything. ukraine vs england just been focusing on myself while I've been at England. I've always been ready if I needed to come on.
"We knew today was going to be a big game, Ukraine are a very good side. I'm delighted." • Gaming can improve your mental health: Here are five titles to help you escape • Grounded with Louis Theroux: Why isn't Frankie Boyle a fan of Ricky Gervais? Yeah, but Southgate is crap, innit? Bringing Maguire and Henderson along with him, and his right backs and his boring defensive football. we'll never get anywhere with him. Also picking Sterling?! Talentless player.
No end product, you see. Why didn't he drop Kane, he only scores goals, no contributor. Have a 2-2-6 formation and go for it. Bring back the golden generation, I say. And Sven. Yeah, but Southgate is crap, innit? Bringing Maguire and Henderson along with him, and his right backs and his boring defensive football.
we'll never get anywhere with him. Also picking Sterling?! Talentless player. No end product, you see. Why didn't he drop Kane, he only scores goals, no contributor. Have a 2-2-6 formation and go for it.Bring back the golden generation, I say. And Sven. Scottish fan here. I'm torn. Looks like England are playing the best football they have for decades. I don't mind England doing well, but if ukraine vs england win the bloody thing, do I want to hear about it for the rest of my life?
Anyway, there's a lot of decent England sports fans, some who backed all the home Nations. I appreciate that gesture. There are toxic ones too but maybe you can sort them ukraine vs england. Scottish fan here. I'm torn.Looks like England are playing the best football they have for decades.I don't mind England doing well, but if you win the bloody thing, do I want to hear about it for the rest of my life?Anyway, there's a lot of decent England sports fans, some who backed all the home Nations.
I appreciate that gesture.There are toxic ones too but maybe you can sort them out. Southgates plan is working. He studied the style of past tournament winners, many had a solid defensive formation. 5 games - no goals conceded, 8 goals scored. Plus his management style on/off the pitch seems calm & collected, which the whole squad is chimming to. Ok, we have not always played the most attractive footy, but created enough sparks of quality to get the job done.
Well done Gareth. Southgates plan is working. He studied the style of past tournament winners, many had a solid defensive formation. 5 games - no goals conceded, 8 goals scored. Plus his management style on/off the pitch seems calm & collected, which the whole squad is chimming to.
Ok, we have not always played the most attractive footy, but created enough sparks of quality to get the job done. Well done Gareth. We've grown into this competition, and whilst Southgate has come in for some stick, he's showing some football acumen, and confounding his critics.
There is no reason that England can't go on and win the thing, though it's going to be tougher against the Danes, and if we succeed there, tougher again vs the winners of the Spain/Italy game. It's definitely served up some much needed cheer. 👍 We've grown into this competition, and whilst Southgate has come in for some stick, he's showing some football acumen, and confounding his critics.
There is no reason that England can't go on and win the thing, though it's going to be tougher against the Danes, and if we succeed there, tougher again vs the winners of the Spain/Italy game. It's definitely served up some much needed cheer. 👍 It felt absolutely amazing when that second goal went in. I was apprehensive about Ukraine, and feel even more so about Denmark. But one thing is clear-- these players seem extremely calm, well ordered, and together.
I'm only 27 but am very jealous of the children who get to enjoy this great wave of happiness. It is because I am 27, English, that this isn't over yet. C'MON ENGLAND! It felt absolutely amazing when that second goal went in.I was apprehensive about Ukraine, and feel even more so about Denmark.
But one thing is clear-- these players seem extremely calm, well ordered, and together. I'm ukraine vs england 27 but am very jealous of the children who get to enjoy this great ukraine vs england of happiness. It is because I am 27, English, that this isn't over yet. C'MON ENGLAND! Southgates plan is working like clockwork.
He studied the style of past tournament winners, many had a solid defensive line/formation, but created enough sparks of quality to get the job done. 5 games - no goals conceded, 8 goals scored. Plus his management skills on/off the pitch seems so calm & collected, which the whole squad is chimming to. Well done Gareth. Southgates plan is working like clockwork. He studied the style of past tournament winners, many had a solid defensive line/formation, but created enough sparks of quality to get the job done.
5 games - no goals conceded, 8 goals scored. Plus his management skills on/off the pitch seems so calm & collected, which the whole squad is ukraine vs england to. Well done Gareth. No reason to doubt itbut football is never predictable.
We have a squad of good young players with a variety of talents and a manager who has organised them into a flexible unit capable of adjusting to games and can score goals .The only other side left who can match us on that are ItalySpain and Denmark are dangerous opponents and shouldn't be discounted but we have all the assets to win.
No reason to doubt itbut football is never predictable. We have a squad of good young players with a variety of talents and a manager who has organised them into a flexible unit capable of adjusting to games and can score goals .The only other side left who can match us on that are ItalySpain and Denmark are dangerous opponents and shouldn't be discounted but we have all the assets to win.
The England captain raced onto a Raheem Sterling through ball to fire in the opener from close range after four minutes at the Stadio Olimpico, England's earliest goal in a Euros match since 2004.
- Olley: Kane, England poised to heal decades of heartbreak - Southgate: 'Spirit' pushed England into Euro 2020 semis - Euro 2020 on ESPN: Latest news, features, video - Euro 2020 on ESPN: Stream LIVE games and replays (U.S. only) Harry Maguire headed home a second less than a minute into the second half and Kane soon nodded in his side's third as Ukraine vs england resistance crumbled. Substitute Jordan Henderson completed the rout with his first international goal to ensure England's comfortable passage into the last four.
Gareth Southgate's side will face Denmark at Wembley on Wednesday for a place in the final after the Danes defeated the Czech Republic 2-1 in Baku. Fans had barely settled in their seats by the time England took the lead with a well-worked move. Sterling cut in off the left wing and slid a through ball into a pocket of space behind the defence for Kane to race through and guide into the net with a neat finish. Ukraine mustered their first effort when Kyle Walker gave the ball away in midfield and Roman Yaremchuk raced through to draw a good save by Jordan Pickford from a tight angle, while England's Declan Rice and Jadon Sancho had shots beaten away by Georgiy Bushchan before halftime.
But England flexed their muscles after the break and ended the game as a contest within five minutes of the restart, helped by two fine assists from Luke Shaw. The left-back whipped a free-kick onto Maguire's head for a close-range finish in the first minute of the second half before steering a perfect delivery towards Kane for a simple close-range header four minutes later.
The goal sent Kane level with Alan Shearer as England's second-top scorer at major tournaments with nine goals, behind Gary Lineker on 10, and he was denied a hat-trick when his ferocious volley was palmed away by the diving Bushchan.
England made it four from the resulting corner when Ukraine again failed to deal with a set-piece delivery as Henderson nodded in from six yards to score his first goal for his country on his 62nd cap. "There was a lot of pressure on us as we were favourites to win this game. To perform like we did tonight, a clean sheet, four goals, it was the perfect night," Kane said. Maguire ukraine vs england proud of England's accomplishment but wasn't satisfied.
"It's a great feeling -- back-to-back semifinals at a major tournament is a great achievement. I don't want to be a party pooper but we don't stop here. We've got another big game coming up and we want to go further this time," Maguire said. "We had good parts of the game, but set pieces did not work very well for us today," said Ukraine coach Andriy Shevchenko. "I am really happy with how the team performed. I want to thank the players for their attitude today." • Facebook • Twitter • Facebook Messenger • • Email
• All Teams Premier League • Arsenal • Aston Villa • Brentford • Brighton • Burnley • Chelsea • Crystal Palace • Everton • Leeds United • Leicester City • Liverpool • Manchester City • Manchester United • Newcastle United • Norwich City • Southampton • Tottenham Hotspur • Watford • West Ham United • Wolverhampton Championship • Barnsley • Birmingham City • Blackburn Rovers • Blackpool • Bournemouth • Bristol City • Cardiff City • Coventry City • Derby County • Ukraine vs england • Huddersfield Town • Hull City • Luton Town • Middlesbrough • Millwall • Nottingham Forest • Peterborough Ukraine vs england • Preston North End • Queens Park Rangers • Reading • Sheffield United • Stoke City • Swansea City • West Bromwich Albion League One • AFC Wimbledon • Accrington Stanley • Bolton Wanderers • Burton Albion • Cambridge United • Charlton Athletic • Cheltenham Town • Crewe Alexandra • Doncaster • Fleetwood Town • Gillingham • Ipswich Town • Lincoln City • Milton Keynes Dons • Morecambe • Oxford Utd • Plymouth Argyle • Portsmouth • Rotherham United • Sheffield Wednesday • Shrewsbury Town • Sunderland • Wigan Athletic • Wycombe Wanderers League Two • Barrow • Bradford City • Bristol Rovers • Carlisle United • Colchester United • Crawley Town • Exeter City • Forest Green Rovers • Harrogate Town • Hartlepool United • Leyton Orient • Macclesfield Town • Mansfield • Newport County • Northampton Town • Oldham Ukraine vs england • Port Vale • Rochdale • Salford City • Scunthorpe United • Stevenage • Sutton United • Swindon Town • Tranmere Rovers • Walsall Scottish Premiership • Aberdeen • Celtic • Dundee • Dundee United • Heart of Midlothian • Hibernian • Livingston • Motherwell • Rangers • Ross County • St Johnstone • St Mirren Women's Super League • Arsenal Women • Aston Villa Women • Birmingham City Women • Brighton and Hove Albion Women • Chelsea Women • Everton Women • Leicester City Women • Manchester City Women • Manchester United Women • Reading Women • Tottenham Hotspur Women • West Ham United Women Scottish Championship • Hamilton Academical • Kilmarnock • Partick Thistle Scottish League One • Alloa Athletic Scottish League Two • Forfar Athletic World Cup • Uruguay European U21 Championship • England • Italy Internationals • Albania • Algeria • Angola • Argentina • Australia • Austria • Belgium • Bolivia • Bosnia-Herzegovina • Brazil • Burkina Faso • Cameroon • Cape Verde • Chile • Colombia • Congo DR • Costa Rica • Croatia • Czech Republic • Denmark • Ecuador • Egypt • England • Ethiopia • France • Germany • Ghana • Greece • Honduras • Hungary • Iceland • Iran • Italy • Ivory Coast • Jamaica • Japan • Korea DPR • Korea Republic • Mali • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Niger • Nigeria • Northern Ireland • Panama • Paraguay • Peru • Ukraine vs england • Portugal • Republic of Ireland • Romania • Russia • Saudi Arabia • Scotland • Senegal • Serbia • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sweden • Switzerland • Togo ukraine vs england Tunisia • Turkey • USA • Ukraine • Venezuela • Wales • Zambia La Liga • Athletic Bilbao • Atletico Madrid • Barcelona • Cadiz • Celta Vigo • Deporteivo Alaves • Espanyol • Getafe • Granada • Levante • Osasuna • Rayo Vallecano • Real Betis • Real Madrid • Real Mallorca • Real Sociedad • Sevilla • Valencia • Villarreal Serie A • AC Milan • Atalanta • Bologna • Cagliari • Empoli • Fiorentina • Genoa • Inter Milan • Juventus • Lazio • Napoli • Roma • Salernitana • Sampdoria • Torino • Udinese • Venezia • Verona Bundesliga • Arminia Bielefeld • Bayer Leverkusen • Bayern Munich • Borussia Dortmund • Borussia Monchengladbach • Cologne • Eintracht Frankfurt • FC Augsburg • FSV Mainz 05 • Greuther Furth • Hertha Berlin • RB Leipzig • SC Freiburg • Union Berlin • VFL Bochum • VfB Stuttgart • Wolfsburg Ligue 1 • Brest • Clermont Foot • Evian TG • FC Metz • Girondins Bordeaux • Lille • Lorient • Monaco • Nantes • Nice • Olympique Lyonnais • Olympique Marseille • Paris St Germain • RC Lens • RC Strasbourg • Reims • Sochaux • St Etienne • Stade Rennes • Troyes • Valenciennes Eredivisie • ADO Den Haag • AZ Alkmaar • Ajax • FC Emmen • FC Groningen • FC Twente • FC Utrecht • Feyenoord • Fortuna Sittard • Heerenveen • Heracles Almelo • PEC Zwolle • PSV Eindhoven • RKC Waalwijk • Sparta Rotterdam • VVV Venlo • Vitesse Arnhem • Willem II Tilb • Tables • Leagues/Cups • Fixtures • Results • Transfers • Video • Sky Bet • On Sky • More England booked a Euro 2020 semi-final clash vs Denmark at Wembley after thrashing Ukraine 4-0, with Harry Kane at the double.
Played in front of a completely different atmosphere in Rome to the one seen at Wembley in the win over Germany, Gareth Southgate's side set the tone with a goal inside four minutes when Kane finished from a precise Raheem Sterling pass.
Trending • Miami GP: A-listers arrive as Leclerc starts on pole LIVE! • Transfer Centre LIVE! Rutten rejects job as Ten Hag's assistant at Man Utd • Arteta: Spurs clash can be 'defining moment' - Marsch: Leeds need to regroup • Injury crisis for Man City as Dias, Stones & Walker 'out for rest of season' • Bivol stuns Canelo to retain WBA title in Vegas • Souness: What genius gave Rangnick the job?
- Dublin: Ronaldo laugh sums it up • Canelo wants Bivol rematch after shock loss: 'This doesn't end like this!' • Premier League table - as it stands • Klopp critical of Spurs tactics: I don't like this kind of football • Leclerc claims first Miami GP pole after Verstappen error • Video • Latest News How the Three Lions roared in Rome… England were aiming to reach their first European semi-final since 1996 and started where they left off on Tuesday evening at Wembley with Sterling and Kane to the fore.
Player Ratings England: Pickford (7), Walker (5), Stones (7), Maguire (8), Shaw (9), Ukraine vs england (7), Phillips (6), Mount (8), Sterling (9), Kane (9), Sancho (7) Subs: Bellingham (6), Henderson (8), Rashford (6), Trippier (6), Calvert-Lewin (N/A). Man of the match: Luke Shaw Ukraine's game-plan was clearly to sit and soak up pressure but that went out of the window when the intelligent Sterling fed a defense-splitting pass to Kane, who made no mistake from close range.
Doubters silenced. England were on ukraine vs england way. With Mason Mount back in the side, England pressed higher up the pitch than when edging past Germany, restricting Ukraine to limited possession.
However, Roman Yaremchuk did seize upon a wayward pass from Kyle Walker but Jordan Pickford stood strong at his near post. Southgate will have wanted England to turn their territorial dominance into goals but clear-cut chances were in short supply until Jadon Sancho fired at goal from 12 yards after some clever build-up from Shaw.
His effort was too close to Heorhiy Bushchan as Ukraine held on. That resistance was broken ukraine vs england immediately after half-time as England flexed their muscles from set pieces. Kane won a free-kick after being tripped and Shaw swung in a cross that Maguire wanted to attack more than his marker as he thundered past Bushcan to double the lead.
Image: Harry Maguire celebrates the 4-0 win They say 2-0 can be a dangerous lead, so England quickly changed that, grabbing a third with their next attack to put one foot in the semi-final. Ukraine vs england was the man again as he stooped to head home his second of the evening, Shaw again sending the ball into the box to find his captain unmarked six yards out.
Southgate took the opportunity to replace Declan Rice - one booking away from missing the semi-final - with Henderson. Kane, playing like a man possessed and back at the top of his game, was denied a wonderful hat-trick with a volleyed effort by a flying Bushcan stop. However, from the resulting corner, England gave ukraine vs england nation another moment to remember.
Mount this time whipped in for Henderson to head in his first England goal on his 62nd cap. Of all players to score at least once for England, Henderson's 62 games are the longest a player has ever had to wait. Southgate then rang the changes as Kalvin Phillips, Shaw and Sterling were replaced before Kane came off with 18 minutes remaining.
This was England's biggest ever win at the European Championship, and their biggest win in the knockout stages of a major tournament. The signs are pointing in the right direction that football just might be coming home. What the managers said England boss Gareth Southgate: "We didn't want to take a backward step.
We wanted to grasp this opportunity rather than just hope we might win or let fate have a chance to play its part. I thought the players were decisive and ruthless all night. "It's fabulous.
I suppose it's still sinking in that it's another semi-final - three in three years. "We want to go two steps further. I know what will be happening at home.
It's lovely to see everyone on a Saturday night, beer in hand. They should enjoy it. It's been a long year for everyone. I'm chuffed the two performances have brought so much happiness to people. "It's fabulous for our country - a semi-final at Wembley. Everyone can really look forward to that - it's brilliant. "We're not satisfied. Tonight is another very enjoyable night for everybody but even before the end of the game I was thinking about the ukraine vs england challenge.
We have never been to a European Championship final. It's another opportunity to make history." Gareth Southgate praised the spirit of the England squad and believes the togetherness of the group has carried the team to the Euro 2020 semi-finals. Â©UEFA 2021 Ukraine boss Andriy Shevchenko: "The English team is really strong, individually and as a team as well, they have a great coach and they reached the semi-finals, and I can see that this team can make it to the final.
"We did not deny our principles, we had good parts of the game, but there are sometimes - set pieces, for example - today we didn't work very well at them." Podcast: England in dreamland!
Southgate's perfect night as Ukraine are humbled It doesn't get much more comfortable than that. England's controlled and dominant 4-0 win over Ukraine means they will face Denmark in the Euro 2020 semi-final at Wembley on Wednesday. Are the stars aligning for Gareth Southgate's side? And how has he managed to rid England of the fear factor? Alice Piper is joined by Rob Dorsett, Adam Bate and Gerard Brand to discuss the win in Rome, as Harry Kane returns to form, Luke Shaw shows up Jose Mourinho in his new manor and England keep another clean sheet.
It's all looking rosy, right? Listen on your podcast provider here 'Wembley will be incredible occasion' Harry Kane believes England must enjoy the challenge of facing Denmark in the Ukraine vs england 2020 semi-finals and capitalise on the opportunity ukraine vs england front of them. Ukraine vs england 2021 Harry Kane said: "It's going to be incredible. What a moment for us as a team and a nation. "A lot of us playing now won't have the opportunity to have a big game like that at Wembley in a major tournament again.
It's there for us. It's an opportunity for us and we have to grab it with both hands. "We have to enjoy being in that environment. Coming off the back of the Germany game, the spirits were high and the stadium was rocking so hopefully we can use that energy again and really take the game to Denmark." 'We won't settle for a semi-final' Harry Maguire speaking to BBC: "It's a great feeling, back to back semis is a great achievement. I don't want to be a party pooper but we don't stop here, we want to go further than we did at the World Cup.
It's big progress we're making as a country. Long may the improvement continue. "We have great belief in the dressing room. The first half was tough, but I think the second goal settled us down a lot.
We deserved the third and fourth on the night. "We have to recover for another big one coming up. It's hard to soak it all in when there's another big one coming up. The dressing room will be great tonight, but tomorrow we'll wake up and be focused again, because this group of players won't settle for a semi-final." Opta stats • England will play in their third semi-final at the European Championship, having previously done so in 1968 and 1996.
• Southgate will be just ukraine vs england second England manager to take charge of England in the semi-final of both the World Cup and the European Championship, after Alf Ramsey in 1966 and 1968.
• England have kept seven consecutive clean sheets for the first time in their history, with the Three Lions run without conceding currently standing at 662 minutes. • Sterling has been involved in 22 goals in his last 21 games for England (15 goals, 7 assists), while Kane has been involved in 27 in his last 26 for the Three Lions (18G, 9A).
• England keeper Jordan Pickford has kept five clean sheets at EURO 2020 so far - no keeper has ever kept more in a single edition of the competition before. What's next? England will play Denmark in the semi-finals of Euro 2020 on Wednesday at 8pm at Wembley. • Paramount+ • UEFA Champions League • UEFA Europa League • UEFA Europa Conference League • Italian Serie A • Coppa Italia • Liga Argentina Profesional • Scottish Professional Football League • NWSL Challenge Cup • AFC Champions League • Brasileirão Serie A • Watch CBS Sports Network • TV Shows & Listings • Bet England are into the 2020 UEFA European Championship semifinals after crushing Ukraine 4-0 at Stadio Olimpico in Rome on Saturday.
Harry Kane scored once in either half as the Three Lions scored three times inside the opening 20 minutes of the second half to put the game beyond the Ukrainians. Raheem Sterling teed Kane up ukraine vs england for the opener inside of five minutes in Italy but it took until just after the break for Gareth Southgate's men to double their lead. Luke Shaw was the provider this time as Harry Maguire headed home to make life difficult for Andriy Shevchenko's side after they were already forced into a change.
Shaw assisted another goal just four minutes later as Kane added his second and Mason Mount was the provider for Jordan Henderson as the English booked their place against Denmark with an impressive win.
Some takeaways. 🎶 Que sera, sera. 🎶 We're in the #EURO2020 semi-finals – and we're going (back) to @wembleystadium! pic.twitter.com/fSXJ5vBJBe— England (@England) July 3, 2021 England early birds Ukraine spent the majority of the first half getting back into the contest only to lose it at the very start of the second with England twice striking early to take the sting out of their opponents.
Although it is far from an exact science, scoring so early is important for this English side as it settles any nerves and forces the opposition to take the game to Southgate's men, a tactical situation in which they thrive. The Three Lions will need to be similarly switched on against Denmark next as the Scandinavians promise to be a different proposition entirely. Shaw service Luke Shaw has emerged as a key component in this England side and his two assists in Rome were no less than the Manchester United man deserves, adding to his assist against Germany and a star turn against Czech Republic.
If the English can continue to tap into the 25-year-old's rich run of form, then they should be able to create opportunities against a Danish defense even though that side will not capitulate like Ukraine's back line. EURO 2020 semi-finals set ✅ 🇮🇹🆚🇪🇸 Italy vs Spain 🏴🆚🇩🇰 England vs Denmark Who are you backing to lift the 🏆❓ #EURO2020 pic.twitter.com/SjjvZ6PSAb— UEFA EURO 2020 (@EURO2020) July 3, 2021 Commanding Kane Criticized for his lack of goals up until his Germany strike, Kane is well and truly motoring now with three from his past two outings and the Tottenham Hotspur (at least for now) man is like a new player with that injection of confidence which will make him a marked man against Ukraine vs england.
His understanding with Sterling and ability to profit from Shaw's good work makes England's left side particularly important for Southgate's men heading into the semifinals. Danish danger With all due respect to Ukraine, Denmark will be an entirely different beast and promise to be a tough test of England's credentials as possible champions. The Scandinavians have ukraine vs england incredibly well to overcome major adversity to get this far, and they will want to go at least one step further after seeing off the Czech Republic.
Not only does this semifinal promise to be a fantastic decider for one of the two finalists, it has the makings of a classic in a tournament of great entertainment already. With England yet to concede all tournament, only the Danes and the in-form Kasper Dolberg now stand in their way as they target a potential final against Italy or Spain. Ukraine 0, England 4 (FT) England: ⚽ Harry Kane (4') England: ⚽ Harry Maguire (46') England: ⚽ Harry Kane (50') England: ⚽ Henderson (63') CBS Sports HQ Newsletter We bring sports news that matters to your inbox, to help you stay ukraine vs england and get a winning edge.
• Home • Football • Cricket • Formula 1 • Rugby U • Rugby L • Tennis • Golf • Boxing • Athletics A-Z Sports • American Football • Athletics • Basketball • Boxing • Cricket • Cycling • Darts • Disability Sport • Football • Formula 1 • Gaelic Games • Get Inspired • Golf • Gymnastics • Horse Racing • Mixed Martial Arts • Motorsport • Netball • Olympic Sports • Rugby League • Rugby Union • Snooker • Swimming • Tennis • Winter Sports • Full Sports A-Z Manager Gareth Southgate's side followed up the landmark victory over Germany in the last 16 by producing a performance of composure and the highest quality to continue their impressive progress ukraine vs england this tournament.
Harry Kane was back to his predatory best after struggling in the group stage, following up his goal against Germany by poking home a superb pass from Raheem Sterling after only four minutes.
Ukraine barely threatened and England - having reached the last four at the 2018 World Cup - were on their way to a second successive semi-final when Harry Maguire powered home a header from Luke Shaw's free-kick seconds after the break. And the outstanding Shaw was the creator once more four minutes later with a perfect cross that was headed in from six yards by Kane.
England were so impressive as they simply overpowered Ukraine with substitute Jordan Henderson getting the fourth - his first international goal, in his 62nd appearance - when he arrived with perfect timing to head in Mason Mount's corner. To add to England and Southgate's satisfaction, they kept their ukraine vs england successive clean sheet to maintain their record of not conceding a goal at Euro 2020.
They will now meet Denmark in the last four at Wembley on Wednesday (20:00 BST kick-off). • Reaction from Stadio Olimpico as England reach Euro 2020 semi-finals • 'England not settling for the semis' - Maguire • Denmark beat Czechs to reach last four • How you rated the players Lift-off for Kane England manager Southgate never wavered for a second in his belief that captain Kane would have a significant impact on Euro 2020, even when he looked off the pace and out of sorts when failing to score in group games against Croatia, Scotland and the Czech Republic.
Southgate's faith was rewarded when Kane got off the mark with England's crucial second in the 2-0 win over Germany.
It was the catalyst for the real Kane ukraine vs england come alive in the tournament - and he punished Ukraine in trademark style. Kane pounced for his first, rose to power in a second for his 47th England goal and almost completed a hat-trick in spectacular fashion with a left-foot volley that was turned on to the post by Ukraine keeper Georgi Bushchan. He was a constant threat, his link with Sterling increasingly impressive, and has timed his return to peak form perfectly as England now stand only 90 minutes away from their first major final since they won the World Cup in 1966.
Kane is the man defences fear - and even the in-form Danes will regard this display as ominous. • England want to go two steps further than World Cup semi - Southgate • 'England fans transported to unfamiliar world' • Who stands between England and Euros glory?
England's Shaw thing Manchester United's Shaw has had to fight to revive his England career - having been behind Chelsea's Ben Chilwell for some time, he missed out on a start against Croatia in the Euro 2020 opener, when Southgate used Kieran Trippier in the left-back role.
It has all changed since he was brought into the side for the goalless draw against Scotland. Shaw has made a magnificent contribution to England's run to the semi-final and will be one of the first names on the teamsheet for the game against Denmark.
Shaw has been solid in defence while proving to be a potent creator of goals, setting up Sterling's vital opening goal against Germany then setting up two more here, first with pitch-perfect delivery from a free-kick and then a perfect cross. It has not been a smooth ride for Shaw, who emerged as a teenager at Southampton before his big-money move to Manchester United in June 2014. He has suffered serious injury at United, and was never trusted by Jose Mourinho when he was their manager, but is now delivering for England in a major tournament - proof of his character, and an achievement that makes that long road even more worthwhile.
England's show of squad strength Southgate has manoeuvred his England squad with great expertise throughout Euro 2020, demonstrating the riches he has at his disposal.
In Rome, he was able to give a first start in the tournament to Jadon Sancho, the 21-year-old who has just agreed a £73m move to Manchester United from Borussia Dortmund. Sancho slotted in perfectly, showing huge confidence and ambition in a timely reminder of what he can offer.
Chelsea's Mount also returned the England side, with two creators in the shape of Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish and Manchester City's Phil Foden left on the bench. Henderson, the vastly experienced Liverpool captain, made his mark while Marcus Rashford was also introduced off the bench. It was proof, amid an imperious victory, that Southgate's England squad has the sort of quality and depth that will make them confident they can finally end that 55-year wait for success.
First since Ramsey - the best of the stats • Gareth Southgate is just the second manager to take England's men to the semi-final of both the World Cup and the European Championship, after Alf Ramsey in 1966 and 1968. • The Three Lions have kept seven consecutive clean sheets for the first time in their history. They have not conceded for 662 minutes. • This was Ukraine's joint-biggest defeat in a match at a major ukraine vs england, equalling their 4-0 defeat by Spain in the group stages of the 2006 World Cup.
• Raheem Sterling has been involved in 22 goals in his past 21 games for England (15 goals, seven assists), while Harry Kane has been involved in 27 in his past 26 for the Three Lions (18 goals, nine assists). • Sterling has provided six assists for Harry Kane for England in all competitions, more than any England player has assisted another in the 21st Century. • Luke Shaw's assist for Harry Maguire was the first time two Manchester United players have combined for an England goal at a major tournament since David Beckham assisted Paul Scholes against Portugal at Euro 2000.
• England keeper Jordan Pickford has kept five clean sheets at Euro 2020 - no keeper has ever kept more in a single staging of the competition before. 7 Yarmolenko 9 Yaremchuk • 1 Bushchan • 13 Zabarnyi • 4 Kryvtsov Substituted for Tsygankov at 35' minutes • 22 Matvienko • 21 Karavaev • 10 Shaparenko • 5 Sydorchuk Substituted for Makarenko at 64' minutes • 17 Zinchenko • 16 Mykolenko • 7 Yarmolenko • 9 Yaremchuk Substitutes • 2 Sobol • 3 Sudakov • 6 Stepanenko • 11 Marlos • 12 Pyatov • 14 Makarenko • 15 Tsygankov • 18 Bezus • 20 Zubkov • 23 Trubin • 24 Tymchyk • 26 Dovbyk 9 Kane • 1 Pickford • 2 Walker • 5 Stones • 6 Maguire • 3 Ukraine vs england Substituted for Trippier at 65' minutes • 14 Phillips Substituted for Bellingham at 65' minutes • 4 Rice Substituted for Henderson at 57' minutes ukraine vs england 17 Sancho • 19 Mount • 10 Sterling Substituted for Rashford at 65' minutes • 9 Kane Substituted for Calvert-Lewin at 73' minutes Substitutes • 7 Grealish • 8 Henderson • 11 Rashford • 12 Trippier • 13 Ramsdale • 15 Mings • 16 Coady • 18 Calvert-Lewin • 20 Foden • 21 Chilwell • 23 Johnstone • 26 Bellingham I completely agree.
So many English people are unbelievably negative and just seem happy when they're whinging. England have good chance, how about we do what all other people in the world do and add support our country instead of looking of ways to outdo each other with who can say the most negative thing. You have to laugh at the media building up Southgates success as redemption for his penalty miss back in the day.
Southgates penalty was OK - it was a good save.
In any case England should have won in normal time - they didn't mainly because they weren't fit enough and that was mainly because they were all a bunch of P.ss heads. Plus Foden and Grealish should start tomorrow. You have to laugh at the media building up Southgates success as redemption for his penalty miss back in the day.Southgates penalty was OK - it was a good save. In any case England should have won in normal time - they didn't mainly because they weren't fit enough and that was mainly because they were all a bunch of P.ss heads.Plus Foden and Grealish should start tomorrow.
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external ukraine vs england. Read about our approach to external linking.
About the match Ukraine is going head to head with England starting on 3 Jul 2021 at 19:00 UTC at Stadio Olimpico stadium, Rome city, Italy.
The match is a part of the European Championship, Knockout stage. Ukraine played against England in 1 matches this season. On SofaScore livescore you can find all previous Ukraine vs England results sorted by their H2H matches. SofaScore also provides the best way to follow the live score of this game with various sports features. Therefore, you can: • Find out who scored in a live match • Get real-time information on which team is dominating the match using the Attack Momentum • Follow detailed statistics such as ball possession, shots, corner kicks, big chances created, cards, key passes, duels and more • Track all home and away games for each team in the European Championship, Knockout stage • Check out how SofaScore community votes on which team is more likely to win this match.
All of these features can help you decide on Ukraine vs. England game prediction. Even though SofaScore doesn't offer direct betting, it provides the best odds and shows you which sites offer live betting.
Live U-TV odds are viewable on SofaScore's Football live score section. Where to watch Ukraine vs. England? Under TV Channels section you can find the list of all channels that broadcast Ukraine – England live match. You can also live stream this match through our betting partners or click on any links on SofaScore for a legal live stream.
Event details: NAME: Ukraine - England DATE: 3 Jul 2021 TIME: 19:00 UTC VENUE: Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy More details: Ukraine live score, schedule and results England live score, schedule and results SofaScore livescore is available as iPhone and iPad app, Android app on Google Play and Windows phone app. You can find us in all stores on different languages as "SofaScore". Install SofaScore app on and follow Ukraine England live on your mobile!
*Important notice – SofaScore.com in partnership with U-TV offers over 140,000 live streaming events per year. However, please note that ukraine vs england intellectual property rights to stream such events are usually owned at a country level and therefore, depending on your location, there may be certain events that you may be unable to view due to such restrictions. Prior to joining U-TV and funding your account in order to view Ukraine England, or any other particular event via the U-TV live stream, you are strongly advised to check with U-TV if, depending on your place of residence, it is possible to view the live streamed event in question.
About Live scores service at SofaScore livescore offers sports live scores, results and tables. Follow your favourite teams right here live! Live score on SofaScore.com livescore is automatically updated and you don't need to refresh it manually. With adding games you want to follow in "My games" following your matches livescores, results and statistics will be even more simple. Visit localized livescore version of SofaScore: Football Results Nogomet Rezultati Calcio Risultati Fútbol Resultados Futebol Resultados Fußball Live Ticker Football Résultats Piłka nożna Wyniki Foci Eredmények Fodbold Resultater Futbol Sonuçları Футбол Результаты Voetbal Uitslagen Sepak Bola Hasil Ποδόσφαιρο Αποτελέσματα Fotboll Resultater 足球 比赛结果 Фудбал Резултати Nogomet Rezultati Fotbal Rezultati Fotball Resultater